Release Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release Date?

Just wondering, when is MOO3 scheduled to come out now?

It seems to have been pushed back twice; from Dec 2001 to Feb 2002 and further?

What's it's current status?

Thanks!

-DC

-->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

11/26/02 per Rantz.

Comment

That would be the same Rantz cited in today's news item (in regard to the MoO3 box) as having "officially stated that no member of the game`s development team has seen finalized boxart for it and that, to the best of their knowledge, it is presently going through yet another re-design."

Let's see. Today's the 6th. Product is supposed to street on the 26th. Box isn't finalized, never mind in production.

You do the math.

Comment

If it was a developer issue then math would be a good approach. With publishers I find licking a finger and sticking it in the air is a better method - it more closely follows their internal methods
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
          If it was a developer issue then math would be a good approach. With publishers I find licking a finger and sticking it in the air is a better method - it more closely follows their internal methods
          Close, but don't forget the general lack of geographical knowledge of publishers, so they end up sticking it elsewhere...

Comment

Does anyone have any idea when MoO3 be coming out in asia pacific?
            "Dont move or ill shoot you full of... little yellow bolts of light!" -John Crichton, astronaut and scientist

Comment

Originally posted by Gooberman32
              Does anyone have any idea when MoO3 be coming out in asia pacific?
              We don't even have a clear idea when it's coming out here in the States! They have been repeating "November 26th" like it was a mantra, labeling those of us who still questioned that date as 'conspiracy theorists,' and now it's November 6th (and beyond) and the box art is still reputed to be undergoing design changes!

Llama: it's not so much where they end up sticking that finger that worries me, it's more the pleasure they seem to get from doing it repeatedly!

Comment

I am no industry expert, but I seem to recall that Neverwinter Nights went from Gold to stores in just about 13-14 days. It was an Infograms title. I am sure that I have seen other gamse do this also. No need to panic yet.

Truthfully, at this stage of bug fixing, I would rather that they take a few extra days to get it in good playable form -- I know there will always be patches, but getting it nice and polished for shipping has some value.

I will have to admit though -- getting it on the 26th to have over Thanksgiving week would be really nice!

Keep up the good work QS!

Hrett

Comment

Originally posted by DATarbell

We don't even have a clear idea when it's coming out here in the States! They have been repeating "November 26th" like it was a mantra, labeling those of us who still questioned that date as 'conspiracy theorists,' and now it's November 6th (and beyond) and the box art is still reputed to be undergoing design changes!
                  Or IG could have chosen the box art & simply not informed QSI.
                  Not that IG would do that, with their perfect record of corporate communication.

Comment

20 days is not an impossible target, and as Llama points out, I doubt they're phoning QS daily to update them on every detail of progress. To quote Oddball "have a little faith, baby."

Oh wait....we're talking about Infogrames. Ok, panic!!
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                      To quote Oddball "have a little faith, baby."
                      Now that's what we need--more quotes from "Kelly's Heroes"!

Although perhaps more appropriate in our current (dire?) circumstances would be: "You hear that sound? That is the sound of ultimate suffering. The people waiting for MoO3 to finally come out make it now."

Comment

Originally posted by Hrett
                        I seem to recall that Neverwinter Nights went from Gold to stores in just about 13-14 days
                        But the NWN box was done half a year before release. I remeber seeing Aribeth's sweet little tush on the box featured on every fansite for ages before they released. That gold disk went straight into done packaging, as it were.
                        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Hrett's right: it is possible to go from Gold master to in-store in just 13-14 days. But it is extremely difficult (i.e., expen$ive).

Typical turn on CD production is 5 days. Pay extra, and find a duplicator who can fit you into their current production schedule, and you can cut that to 3.

Typical product build (which can't begin until the CDs are fully mastered) is 10 days for a new product, somewhat less for an 'established' product (i.e., they've already worked with the primary components at least once before). Again, pay extra and find a production house that can fit you into their current production schedule, and you can cut that to 5 days.

All of these estimates are based on standard (Mon-Fri) business days. Throw even more money at the process and you can include weekends and even holidays.

Finally, expedite shipping (more money) and you can have it in stores within 2 days of finished product.

Comment

me thinks that by now they would not be "afraid" to announce a delay of couple weeks

me also thinks that if they say they are on schedule 3 weeks before release they probably mean it
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by DATarbell
                              That would be the same Rantz cited in today's news item (in regard to the MoO3 box) as having "officially stated that no member of the game`s development team has seen finalized boxart for it and that, to the best of their knowledge, it is presently going through yet another re-design."

Let's see. Today's the 6th. Product is supposed to street on the 26th. Box isn't finalized, never mind in production.

You do the math.
                              I did not say it was a fact, only what has been stated. The box is ugly, but I doubt they will hold off for that. If it is delayed that will not be the reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X