MOO1 Sound problem with SB LIVE and XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO1 Sound problem with SB LIVE and XP

Hi, I'm receiving no sound playing MOO with a SB Live! under Windows XP. I was wondering if there was a fix for this? I tried all kinds of IRQ, Address and DMQ combinations. A couple combinations work (the ones I remember that were very common back in the DOS days) and some others never complained, but each of them yeilded the same results. I would greatly appreciate it the help. Thank you.

Here are my settings on XP PRO and all sounds is working.
    Digital 220 IRQ 5 DRQ 1

Comment

I've tried those settings. I actually got the sound effects to work now - but the music is still not working. I actually have no idea why it started to work. Just random chance I think.

Any clue why the music wouldn't be working?

Comment

You have two settings, one for sound effects and one for music. Depending on the selection you make for music you have to set different addresses. I think it was 330 for music, but i can not recall.

Comment

Check the sound from the options menu of the main play screen and see if you have the music volume turned up there.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot that the SB live has the HQ and you could have muted the midi. Play a music Cd to verify.

Comment

Working...
            X