Meditations on MOO3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meditations on MOO3

I remember sneaking peeks at Moo3 three years ago in my high school study hall...I can't believe it is only a few weeks away. I've never posted a "THREAD" for anything before...but I have absolutely run out of options. This appears to be the only way I can satiate my need for an outlet for these complicated emotions…(sniff). I always loved the original MOO but played it only after being introduced to MOM in the 7th grade. My house pop used to come in and check to make sure my roommate Sune Tammbuckle and I were asleep…after which the Universe was once again ours to command (and who wouldn’t with the awesome power of a 386 at their beck and call). I could never get into MOO2 however…it lost me somewhere and I kept going back to the simple slider bars of MOO. If MOO3 can actually bring back that game play that I have been without ever since college forced me to give up my love affair with DOS (XCOM, MOM, MOO, Cyber Empires), I will bless it with many sleepless nights…but the questions remain. Will game play still be shackled by stars? Planets? What about what lies beyond the boundaries of the Heliosphears? Deep space research stations, seacret testing manufacturing facilities, unaffiliated trading posts, star lane nexus’. Do all destinations lead to some system or other? Will there be deep space anomalies, unbound planets, rogue asteroids or comets black holes? Reguardless I have every confidence in the developing team. I was saddened but overjoyed when I heard of the production delay, I knew that here was finally a group willing to put the quality back in the strategy genre. I know that if MOO3 doesn’t have it… it was probably never men to be. It takes a lot of guts to backtrack on something that turns only slightly sour. We gamers still don’t know the template for it yet…but I wonder what the limits will be for possible expansion packs…downloads? Just my meditations on things that have been in my dreams since childhood.

bort
    Last edited by Bort; November 4, 2002, 23:45.
    We therefore post, that individual attitudes are the poduct of an interaction between two fundamental sets of determinants: (1) the stimuli and reinforcements present in the current environment, and (2) the residue of previous learning experiences, which selectively influence the particular attitude-cues in the current social environment attended to, and accepted or rejected, is of little consequence.
Working...
X