Share Your Saved Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share Your Saved Games

MOO2 is fun but it can be chore to always have to start from scratch and build up to a star empire. It would be a lot more enjoyable if we could share each other's saved games. By saved games, I'm referring to levels when you have expanded significantly, climbed up the tech tree, and have a high production / population base, and military / fleet / ships strength.

At these saved levels, the computers opponents should be strong but not overwhelming. 50-70 odds that you will win eventually.

If anyone have such saved games, pls share. I'll start first by posting one of my recent games.

May be those with better skills will win, I give up as all 3 races combined to wage war on me. I had higher tech but few ships. Lost a few key planets. Good luck.
    Attached Files

I will take a look at it thanks. The mirv thread has some saves and detail logs for them. It is at the impossible level.

Comment

I played a few turns and I am pretty sure I have the game in hand so look at the save. I am now ready to take the battle to someone and soon to get orion. I whack a large fleet of Meks and Bulrahti. I caught a break after those battles and a space flux hit. That gave me time to make a couple of ships and build infrastructure. My warship can take down 8 or more the junk they sent. I did not have it for the battles, though. I can put up my first turn if you want to see how I started the turn around. First move was to send the transports to different planets and unload them. This got me from -12 command points to a small value and the batle cost me a few ships so I was now + points. I stopped the builds in all planets and changed them around. I put up warp ind asap to give me a chance to get what little I had to the battle. I do not know ow you got into war with all, but they do not want peace, even after losses and with bribes. The research choices are not what I would like to see. No terraforming kills small planets and those with no food. Bypassing the spy boosts is not wise either. Looks like you did not get much in planetary leaders, only one? The value of Holo's can not be over looked. I put them up right away as that increased production. It still may not look great, but they are now doomed as my phasor ships will be hard for them to kill and soon I will have disrupters.
      Next time post the save sooner and we can see how to adjust, before they get out of hand. What is the level of the game? Oh, you should consider making your race a custom one as it can be improved a bit.
      Attached Files

Comment

BTW, there is a thread here that has a save from my friend that he got into a big hole. I posted it as try to save this. My friend was just learning the game so the level is low, but the hole is large. It is salvagable, showed him how to beat it and others did it as well.
        Last edited by vmxa1; November 1, 2002, 03:07.

Comment

I put this up in case you want to see it. Stopped at t387 with Meks having 1 pop on one planet. I did not even bother to colonize any planets or take any over until it was nearly over and my commnad points were negative. I could have gone to see the anties and won, but I like to punish the races that were not nice. Never made peace and all events were bad, space crystal, plauge, space beast (it ate one of my new titans with a leader), money donated to others, you name it. It was fun and bit hairy for the first 30 turns or so. I am always amazed at how the AI comes up with fleet after fleet of 20-30 range. The plasma webs were nasty in the early wars. I had several battles were I had 6-8 ship to their 20 or more. I managed to kill 4-8 and lose 1 or 2 and then retreat until I got the ships upgraded. Got X-armor from orion. I lost the aveneger in one fight, not Loknar though. It was a long time before any colony leaders came by and I never did get all four.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by vmxa1; October 31, 2002, 19:46.

Comment

Thank You

vmax1,

Just read your posts. Thanks for sharing the saved games. Can't wait to try them out. Hope others will post their saved game too.

Comment

Thank You

vmax1,

Just read your posts. Thanks for sharing the saved games. Can't wait to try them out. Hope others will post their saved game too.

Comment

Here it the save for the first turn after the one posted to start this off. I post it as I will lose it otherwise and it may be useful to see what was done to get back in the fight.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's an interesting one.

It's a winner, but I haven't finished it yet. As with most of my games it was touch and go for a while.

The save is before the interesting part starts.

enjoy.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to attach the file.

Had heck of a time to get it uploaded. Finally had to zip it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cool, I will try to squeeze it in during my current PTW game.

Comment

I took at looked at the game and it should be a breeze. I do not know what they situation is in terms of real threats. So I do not know why the Mrrs were set to ignore. I changed every planets work force around and most of the builds. I would redesign the ships to use phasors ASAP. With Stabilizers and 10-12 phasors they will be more powerful than mass drivers. Moving a lot of workers off food to sci makes the research move along. A creative race needs to get those techs first. I bought all improvements that were scheduled, you have a lot of cash and it is worth nothing in the bank.I want those pollution reducing buildings in place and them food for the non farming planets. Soon to get terraformed. Why build artifical planets at this stage? I would ship a sakkra to any planet that does not have one to get the pop boost, if you have to make room, do it by sending a worker somewhere else.
                        I am use to impossible so, I got scared seeing so few spies, I do not know if you have taken any hits from thieves or not.
                        This is the sav form the same urn with the planet changes.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I voted myself in as it was getting tedious. I was goofing off and the Humans surrendered to the trils, I should have tken all their cities before that happened, but I thought I had more time. I was set to go after Psilons, but my ally ask me to help with them so I wiped them out. I was not paying attention and teh Trils must have declared war on me. Then Alkari surrendered to the Trils, I took half of the Trils sytems and thrn voted. They never even attacked me. It was fun once I got the disrupters and X-armor from Orion. I had one early battle with 16 ships to their 37 and I lost the Avenger and Loknar as I had 4 leaders already. Afterthat they really had no fleet.

Comment

Yeah that's what happened to me. Humans surrendered before I could upgrade to SP Phasors. I generally tend to go w/ the mass driver (with something to knock down the shield) until I can get SP phasors, but not always.

I'll sometime ignore alliance ptrs so I won't get drug into an unwanted war.

I generally don't vote myself in when I have the chance because playing the game is my recreation, not winning it early on.

Comment

I normally do not vote either, but it was no contest and I was getting sleepy. They had no defenses that could stop me, I could have gone to Antaria also. I was only making titans at one planets as zi did not need more. All tech was done, just no reason to play on. I forgot to mentio that when I switched the wokrers on the first turn, it freed 90 frieghters, which I disband about 60. That is a lot of lost turns creating them in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X