Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race specific evolution techs ?

Hi

Is it possible for two empires of different races to trade techs such as the forced evolution tech of MOO2 ? And if so, is it possible for two empires of different species to trade such techs as in MOO2 ?
    Strikes me as rather odd that cybernetic and geodic species would have anything in common in that departement ...

Now, I know that there is no way the designers would overlook this but perhaps they decided it should be tradeable for balancing reasons etc.

So ... I'd be gratefull if someone who have a clue would enlighten me on the subject ...

from what i've read on the "other board" you can research everything, you just don't have the time to. whether or not that has anything to do with there being race specific technologies I don't know.

Comment

Oh

I was actually wondering if all races could trade all techs with all races ... that is ... can they trade techs that would by defenition be tied to their "DNA" ?

For example, could they trade a technology such as ... perhaps ... genetic enhancements to the races reflexes with other races ?

But ... with every passing day we come closer to release so it really doesn't mattern if I'l learn before or after the 26th =)

Comment

But there are no Race Genetic enhancement technoligies. Every race can research everything that any other race can research. So there are no techs that are "tied to their DNA"

So there isn't "Harvester Special tech 23"

There are bonuses and weaknesses to ceratin fields of research, but every race can effectivly research the same thing.
        It's what you learn after you think you know everything, that counts.

Comment

yes yes yes ... they all can research everything ... but if the elodai enhance their dna I hardly see how they'd be able to trade that tech to the Crysloids (or whatever those crystal heaps are called) who probably don't even have dna in the first place ...

Comment

Originally posted by _-olle-_
            yes yes yes ... they all can research everything ... but if the elodai enhance their dna I hardly see how they'd be able to trade that tech to the Crysloids (or whatever those crystal heaps are called) who probably don't even have dna in the first place ...
            No.. you can't enhance your DNA. There is no way to do that. You can't. Period.
            Last edited by Deathmerchant; November 15, 2002, 18:12.
            It's what you learn after you think you know everything, that counts.

Comment

charming ...

Comment

Olle, were you referring to the equivalent of the "evolutionary mutation" in the Moo2 game?

If so, you could probably trade to or for it, but the choices you could "buy" with your extra points or whatever, would probably be specific one for your race.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X