Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't excommunicate me for this blasphemy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I was kind of hoping that Apolyton would become the major source of MOO3 strategy.

    Comment


    • #17
      I would think that the chances are good.

      Comment


      • #18
        So do I. We've been a major source of strategy for every other game covered here, so I see no reason for us to drop the ball on this one.

        Unless it really, really sucks, of course.

        Like Civ3
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

        Comment


        • #19
          EMRICH LEAVING QUICKSILVER
          (17 April 2002, 07:33 | MoO3 | 81 comments) The formal ties between myself and Quicksilver [Software] have been untied is how Alan Emrich, Lead Designer on the said company`s upcoming Master of Orion III strategy game, describes his pending departure from full-time employment at the company. Until May 1st, he will remain part-time. Bill Fisher, QS Executive Producer:

          With the main design phase complete, Alan will be stepping back as a full-time Quicksilver employee and will instead be shifting to a contracting role for potential future projects which are now under discussion. He will still be available for consultation on MoO3, of course, and will be here from time to time to check up on the project.

          We are delighted with the depth and breadth of the design and look forward to the opportunity to work with Alan again in the future.

          Emrich himself on his new relation to QS and MoO3:

          I’ve stated to both Bill Fisher and Constantine my willingness to remain involved in whatever capacity we can work out between us. [..] You may see me do a bit of playtesting and offering my suggestions about MoO3. Whatever works out. But chances are you won’t see me much here on the boards. I’ve got other things in my life besides MoO3, and under the circumstances, it’s time I pay them a lot more attention. [..] I really won’t be much of a ‘presence’ here and I doubt if I’ll be saying much publicly of a MoO3 nature in the future.

          He also addresses his own personal situation:

          I’ve spent much of the past couple weeks rearranging my personal life, investigating other work possibilities, and preparing for the wonderful world of "independent contractor work" (known to cynics the world over as "unemployment"). I’ve made a lot of friends on these discussion boards, and have received permission to make this posting to say my ‘good bye’ to you all in my own way. I just want to tell everyone not to worry about me.

          Thanks to `player1` for the news tip. - DanQ

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by moomin
            So do I. We've been a major source of strategy for every other game covered here, so I see no reason for us to drop the ball on this one.

            Unless it really, really sucks, of course.

            Like Civ3
            well, the official forum for the game might give us a run for our money, especially since that's where the game developers post (except for rantz of course) and i'll bet you that somewhere among the stuff that gets installed will be a link to the official website, and the forums there.

            Comment


            • #21
              Thats ok, we can steal from them.

              Comment


              • #22

                ...and have received permission to make this posting to say my ‘good bye’ ...
                So the world's fascists have been hiding at QS/IG afterall?

                I can almost picture the gun being held to Emrich's head at this point.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Anunikoba


                  So the world's fascists have been hiding at QS/IG afterall?

                  I can almost picture the gun being held to Emrich's head at this point.


                  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

                  *sniff* ok, hang on, let me catch my breath...

                  sorry, that's just too funny. a.) the idea of anyone here being a fascist, or b.) andone holding a gun to *anyone's* head. Ok, I gotta stop or I'm going to break down into hysterics again...
                  Rantz Hoseley
                  Art Director
                  Quicksilver Software, Inc.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Rantz
                    Ok, I gotta stop or I'm going to break down into hysterics again...
                    how about a few quick screenies before you do?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Hold the screens, leave us the mystery, it is only weeks away.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I'm quite amazed at the fervor shown... calm down, people. It'll be out soon and then you can check out for yourselves. There's plenty info and shots around for everybody to know what's coming by now and the one remaining question - is it any good? - won't be answered until you've played it anyway.
                        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by H Tower


                          how about a few quick screenies before you do?

                          no screens, but there is an update today

                          Rantz Hoseley
                          Art Director
                          Quicksilver Software, Inc.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            "Permission" = NDA, which is the legal equivalent of gun-to-head.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by vmxa1
                              ...it is only weeks away.
                              You wish.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DATarbell


                                You wish.
                                Hmm...Know something that we do not?

                                Rantz? I'm getting that feeling again. When are you going gold?
                                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X