No announcement yet.

19 New SCREENSHOTS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would think the colony ship could go to other systems, but the system colony ship, can only go in the same system. Dont kbow if they dropped the colony bases or the are for colonising moons of the same planet they are build on?

Comment

System colony ships are for colonizing planets in the same system that they're built within; the equivalent of the MOO2 colony base.
      Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Thanks all!
        It makes sense after all: if there is a distinction between system ship and 'hyperdrive' ship, that distinction must apply to colony ship too (no need for hyperdrive = more population transported, probably).

I don't know why, I thought about a bigger colony ship able to set claims on a whole system (by establishing directly a System Seat of govt on one planet).
        From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

System colony ships are cheaper, rather than moving more population for the same cost.

Note that you CAN build larger ships with multiple colony modules on them (though I suspect that may not be cost-effective).

Even an outpost is sufficient for establishing claim to a planet, AFAIK.
          Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Extra pop for colony ships, sounds like Stars.

Comment

It would make sense, if you wanted to jump-start a colony -- maybe it's in a vulnerable/valuable position and needs to be built up quickly.

There are other reasons that I can't yet go into, as well. Ask me the day the game hits shelves
              Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Working...
              X