QS: A plea for spell checking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QS: A plea for spell checking...

Have a look at this recently released Foreign Office screen shot. Go ahead; I'll wait.

Did you see how "Non-Aggression Pact" is misspelled? And what the heck does "Cassius Belli" mean? What I know about Latin wouldn't fill a thimble, but I've at least seen the term "casus belli". "Cassius Belli" sounds like the name of a character from Julius Caesar. Is this correct?

Is somebody at QS/IG going through the game text to make sure everything is spelled correctly? There's nothing like lavishing obscene amounts of time and attention on a really detailed game design, only to disfigure it with a distracting, semi-literate appearance caused by spelling errors.

yes, spell-checking is part of bug testing. The screen you're commenting on had been implemented two days earlier, and hence had spelling errors, and innaccurate numbers, since all the hooks were not attached yet.
    Rantz Hoseley
    Art Director
    Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Hi, Rantz; thanks for the response.

I can only comment on what I see, not knowing any of the background detail about the current state of development. So I thought I would raise the issue of the misspellings here, in the hope that someone at QS would see it. I'm glad to hear you're already on top of things.

-- Lee

Comment

I just hope the occasional spelling mistake is the biggest thing that fans can find fault with after release
        To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
        H.Poincaré

Comment

Seconded. Although that Cassius Belli was kinda jarring.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Cassius is a helluva guy
            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
            H.Poincaré

Comment

My friend Cassi[e]us just had her first child, a baby girl, on the 26th of September.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Working...
              X