• Show
Clear All

• Interview: CONSTANTINE HANTZOPOULOS

after a lot of effort, one of our best interviews ever

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Nice info!

Too bad the board "always complain" guys are giving the designers a bad time! I use to travel there every now and then, and must agree with Chantz...

Also, I must confess I started laugthing at the beta testers "piracy" to change leaders names and flags! Nice Going!!!! Gotta tell me how when I get my hands to it.

Also hope they do get the races balance right....

I liked the interview also because of the moo3 "early days"... I didin't knew, only had a vague idea.

Comment

Overall, I personally tend to gravitate toward the Evon, masters of diplomacy, spying and subterfuge...
      Darlock fans... their back!
      Chaos, panic and disorder... my work here is done.

Comment

The Borders screen is a little confusing. It isn't obvious what the focus is: the little green doodad, maybe? The map shows some of those nearby systems, but not how to get there?

I guess this is what the Antarans now look like
        Attached Files
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Oh oh any time any one mentions MOM, the fans get excited.

Comment

Very good interview, I am a big fan of turn-based games, have both of the previous MOO and am looking forward to this one. I am long on game play although eye-candy is nice, it is the game play that keeps you comming back again and again.

Comment

Interesting interview, particularly considering he realized the interest of early (earlier) open beta tests. I also liked the fact they scrapped many screens. 80 different screens was an awful lot. I still feel 15 may be high, considering the number of controls there seems to be in each of them. Let's hope it will provide good gameplay.
              Clash of Civilization team member
              (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
              web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

He mentioned that it was getting hard to find usefull replies on the boards-why not create a second level of board that is invite only for posts-aka Xentax, Citizen Kane, etc.
                I read the gold announcement, spend 5 minutes dancing around the house, then come back and read the whole thing to discover that MoO3 will be in stores Febuary 25. I then cried.
                There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those who understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Well, elitism would fix some problems but almost certainly introduce more -- once it was started, getting additional good people into the group would be hard; it can be hard to overcome the "Fanboy Effect", etc.

And it's not really that big a problem; the reason it's hard to find meaningful discussions on the forums, lately, is that there haven't been as many meaningful things to talk about.

When the devs or IG folks are actually looking for specific information, they're smart enough to ask for it right out, and then they know where to look for the answers they want. Various historical threads ("Weaponry for the Masses") on the Delphi Forum demonstrated that very well, IMHO.

So, don't let comments like that worry you too much; the forum still serves its purpose when needed. There's just a low signal-to-noise ratio in between.
                  Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Yeah there's nothing worse than a hyped up forum living in an information vacuum. Civ 3 part of Apolyton got really bad during the weeks running up to release when Firaxis stopped talking.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

A good turn-based game

A bit off topic perhaps, but Constanine DID mention X-COM...

It's a great play by e-mail, turn-based game from the creators of the original X-COM. It's not another iteration of X-COM, but it's as close as we're going to get. The community is really nice too; the forums are so much more pleasant than what I'm used to.

Comment

Working...
                      X