Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Um, this might sound like a stupid question, but:

there is no localization being done
    Does this mean that there won't be non-English versions of the game? It doesn't affect me personally, but it seems like at least *some* fans overseas wouldn't be too happy about that...
    Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Xentax
      Um, this might sound like a stupid question, but:

Does this mean that there won't be non-English versions of the game? It doesn't affect me personally, but it seems like at least *some* fans overseas wouldn't be too happy about that...
      It was determined by IG quite a while back that there would be no translations of MOO3 done. We actually announced that on the old delphi boards (that's how long ago it was), and there wasn't any negative reaction to it, so hopefully most of the overseas fans won't be too upset about it
      Rantz Hoseley
      Art Director
      Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantz

It was determined by IG quite a while back that there would be no translations of MOO3 done. We actually announced that on the old delphi boards (that's how long ago it was), and there wasn't any negative reaction to it, so hopefully most of the overseas fans won't be too upset about it
        It´s O.K. for me.
        I anyway rather buy the english version of the game than the german.

But I think at least in Germany there are a lot of people who would prefer the german translation.

I hope they release it at the same time in Germany as in the USA (hey, there is no reason to delay the release, if there is no Localization to be done )
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Thanks Rantz, that should wipe out any doubt.
          Chantz post has been then superseded by recent decisions and is now outdated.

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
          I anyway rather buy the english version of the game ...
          Ditto!

As for the manual, I'm not overly concerned if I get it only in electronic format.
          Better a complete electronic manual rather than an abridged DVD pamphlet.

Should there be some poster-format charts (à la SMAC tech tree...) it would be tho a real pity to miss them!
          I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Electronic manuals are nice,
            but having both paper & electronic manual is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantz

Wow, I guess I "didn't get the memo".

I didn't think there'd be *too* much fuss, since I hear a lot of translations done end up being rather poor/inaccurate/erroneous; I just wanted to confirm that it was officially only coming out in English.

I was going to feel awfully sorry for the folks that had to translate all that techno-babble into another language, since it has at least a few words that aren't even recognized English
              Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Hehe, "sometime after Thanksgiving" it is, then.
                Chantz turned out to be wiser, and correct, in the end

Now, about releasing it "bug free", that's wishful thinking...
                I'd just content of a supportive and customer-sensible patching programme...
                I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Not translating is probably a very sensible decision. It saves money, and doesn't set up nasty legal problems when fans decide to translate the game themselves. *cough*civ3*cough*

Fan-based translations are almost always superior to company translations too(which seem to be done via an internet translator).

This of course assumes that the fans are able to translate the text in-game, and it isn't hard-coded.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                  X