So, when is this game being released?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, when is this game being released?

Does anybody know? The date keeps shifting back and back... perhaps they're looking at a dual release with Duke Nukem Forever?

Probably when Firaxis releases the Dinosaur game.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Offically 11/26/2002.

Comment

Look at our betting thread. Feel free to place your bet.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Upon retrospection, Sid appears to be the wiser one.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
            Offically 11/26/2002.
            But Chantz also said "sometimes after Thanksgiving", that is after 11/28....
            I don't know how much he can be considered "offcial"...
            I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

The MOO3 site says: "The Official Release Date for Master of Orion III is November 26, 2002."

Of course, Quicksilver's corporate site still says 2Q 2002, so as always these dates are subject to the "it ain't over 'til the fat terran sings" caveat.
              What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

It is listed on Avault as 11/26/02 and QS has posted here as 11/26/02. That may or may not be official and may or may not happen, just giving you one source.

Comment

Gone gold has 11/29/2002

Damn, I knew I shouldn't of picked December
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

November 26th, 2002 is street date.

honest.
                    Rantz Hoseley
                    Art Director
                    Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Chantz said, in the first post of his thread on Sept 12th:
                      MOO3 is scheduled for a 4th Quarter release sometime after Thanksgiving; we're shooting for a Nov 26th street date (that '02 for you wiseguys!), but that may slip out by a week or so...
                      Thanksigiving is Nov 28th.

"Sometime after Nov 28th"
                      and
                      "Nov26th street date"

are two statements in conflict.

"Scheduled for later date" and "shooting for earlier date" are not in conflict, but that does NOT make earlier date official - I'd rather say wishful thinking.

Has something OFFICIALLY CHANGED that I missed after that date and that post?

Because you give the impression that:
                      - either Chantz is very confused about how to use a calendar
                      - or you don't agree with your colleagues about the "official" facts, and "one of you" is spreading inaccurate/false information...

Anyway, that is just nitpicking, apart the bad impression of uncertainty that you two "antz" together give out , just a few days difference.

More important issue is... "streeted" WHERE? And WHAT?
                      All over the world? In main markets? Does "for instance" Italy belong to them in your PoV?
                      In the same form wherever it's streeted? Or with different box contents? Initially only US version, or simultaneously already the localised ones (I hope NOT!)?

Don't get me wrong, you, alone sound rather definitive, but to really wipe out the impression of uncertainty you give out you should also explicity post.

"November 26th, 2002 is street date,

AND

the news Chantz diffused in our Forums about 'sometime after Nov 28th'
                      were wrong/unofficial // are outdated"

thank you

BTW, this is all just for the sake of precision, as I personally don't plan to (eventually) buy it before 2003...
                      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Looks more like a spam than a point. He said 26th, that is either correct or not. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by MariOne
                          Chantz said, in the first post of his thread on Sept 12th:

"Scheduled for later date" and "shooting for earlier date" are not in conflict, but that does NOT make earlier date official - I'd rather say wishful thinking.

Has something OFFICIALLY CHANGED that I missed after that date and that post?
                          The date was expected to be somewhere between the 26th and the 29th of November. That was finalized around Wed. of last week and was put up on the official site on Friday as Released on November 26th, 2002.

More important issue is... "streeted" WHERE? And WHAT?
                          All over the world? In main markets? Does "for instance" Italy belong to them in your PoV?
                          In the same form wherever it's streeted? Or with different box contents? Initially only US version, or simultaneously already the localised ones (I hope NOT!)?
                          I can't give exact date for overseas (either in the UK/Europe market, or the pacific rim, etc, etc) But there is no localization being done in terms of the game, so unless the manual is translated, there is no reason other than packaging and distribution that the game will get held up.

Now, not saying it will 'street' everywhere on the same day, simply saying that there isn't the usual issue of translations precluding it as an option.

When I know overseas date, I'll be sure to let everyone know.
                          Rantz Hoseley
                          Art Director

Comment

Thanks Rantz. Would you please come comment on if overseas customers will get a proper manual as opposed to a DVD box pamphlet as well?
                            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
                              Thanks Rantz. Would you please come comment on if overseas customers will get a proper manual as opposed to a DVD box pamphlet as well?
                              I know that at the very least there will be a full electronic version of the manual in the overseas box, but as far as the printed manual, I don't know. The current draft of the manual is 150-some pages without charts, art, or screenshots, and the dillema I know is that most overseas games are going to the DVD-style box (which make a big manual difficult to say the least.

I've been looking into it, and as soon as I know anything, I'll let everyone know.

From our stance, we certainly would prefer to have a printed manual, but I honestly don't know.
                              Rantz Hoseley
                              Art Director

Comment

Working...
                              X