• Show
Clear All

• MOO3 Bad Hair Day MP3

ftp://karnov.quicksilver.com/pub/MOO3_BadHairDay.mp3
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Yeah, I'm the first to respond...

...Too bad this second mp3 stinks just like the first one.

Geez dude, your hair doesn't look THAT bad...

Both of these mp3 files don't bode well for the ingame music of Moo3...
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Geez i just cant get the link

Comment

Can't speak for anyone else; but I liked it.

The majority opinion, thus far, is that it's the Evon Diplomatic track. Form your own guesses/opinions...
        Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

I for one think it's amazing. Brian Williams has done an amazing piece of work. And, yes, I also liked the love song.

Comment

I found the Harvester song boring and, well, bad - but his has nice ring to it. Return of the Space Arabs, or some such. It feels as if it would be a great song for a Dune movie.
            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

I only have one question.

Is the guy moaning supposed to in there, or was that the recording of the first person to actually listen to the whole clip
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
                I found the Harvester song boring and, well, bad - but his has nice ring to it. Return of the Space Arabs, or some such. It feels as if it would be a great song for a Dune movie.
                I actually prefer the harvester song, which has deeper bass harmonics fitting incredibly well within the pretended epic scale of the game. You're right about the Space Arabs thing though, it's quite different here - I like it, no more, but I prefer a wide variety of sound & songs coding over a redundant theme even if excellent.
                The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

I think all the music clips could be very atmospheric if used in conjunction with the right screens. Its difficult to judge it on its own.
                  To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                  H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                    I think all the music clips could be very atmospheric if used in conjunction with the right screens. Its difficult to judge it on its own.
                    I REALLY hope that's the case for both this mp3, the previous mp3, and any others they might release prior to the game's release...
                    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                      Well, the prevailing guess is that "Bad Hair Day" is the Evon diplomacy screen soundtrack. Take a look at the Evon (http://apolyton.net/moo3/images/races/938.jpg), and maybe the race info (there's a screenshot for the race-selection screen that shows at least a placeholder description for the Evon; I think it's fairly fitting if that assumption is correct.

Of course, if this turns out to be the Meklar Battle Soundtrack, I'm going to be very confused
                      Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                        Yeah, I'm the first to respond...

...Too bad this second mp3 stinks just like the first one.

Geez dude, your hair doesn't look THAT bad...

Both of these mp3 files don't bode well for the ingame music of Moo3...
                        I think that some of you naysayers just don't get that this music is going to be played underneath other sound files -- primarily the diplomatic "speaking" files. The music has to be strong enough to convey the ambiance of that race, but subtle enough that it doesn't interfere with the speaking parts.

I think that Brian has done an f-ing good job at doing just that. That, and the music is really well written too.

Comment

speaking of writing the music...does anyone know how you write the vocal part in this peice? I mean, there's the tone, which seem pretty simple, but there's also the modulation frequency, and I am not sure how'd you indicate that at all. Just a bit curious.
                          May reason keep you,

Blue Moose

Comment

In case anyone was wondering, Brian Williams has a project called Lustmord, so if you don't like the MoO3 mp3's you won't like that either.

Time to start lurking again...

Comment

Working...
                            X