Contest: Beta Test Master Of Orion 3!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unauthorized Domain

Never mind. I was able to enter after all. I have Zone Alarm running on my computer and had to shut it down in order to enter the contest. It also causes the Unauthorized Domain error

Comment

If they'd want to do anything with my computer that'd require me to drop my firewall, I'd tell'em to stick it. But since their page works jsut fine with ZA, I think your problem was somewhere else.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Once I had time in my schedule to do beta testing. No more, so since there isn't a harvester picture I won't bother.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Hello,

Are you able to tell me who is the Moo3 Beta tester from the Moo2 Multi-player (Kali) League?

I have asked around - but no-one is owning up - I guess he could be busy testing.

Thanks.

Comment

system370, did you start on them or do you go back to 360 or even 1401?

Comment

Don't know about system370

But I cut my sysprog teeth on a 370-158 MP with dialable shared memory.

Beinf employed in a online financial style environment, our collective blood would freeze every time the printer stopped and the chugga-chugga of the system console floppy drive started.

Usually indicated a system crash of some kind.

Comment

Heh, heh. I started on a System 1620 donated to my highschool. It was a museum piece we called "Plymouth Rock." When I got to college I decided I'd had enough of punchcards, so I delayed taking the intro engineering courses until the transition to IBM PCs was complete. I didn't use the 370 until I was a senior.
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Yep that's where I started a System370 (DOS/VM) 6ft Tall and as long as a Bus. Finally some 20 years on they have a PC Operating System just about as stable as VM/370 and VMs (Virtual Machines) are back in fasion .

Comment

Well as you may have guess by the name I use, I was a VM systems programmer (when the first release hit the west coast). We tried to run it on a 370-135, but it paged so much the disk was bouncing. I forget if the disk was a 2313 or what. I started on BOS, then DOS and then VM with DOS running under it. Well actually I was trained on Navy computers before BOS came out, we used paper tape to load the operating system in the box. We had a large CICS environment at that time. Then we ran MVS under VM before the LPAR boxes came out and they put VM in the microcode.

Comment

"Finally some 20 years on they have a PC Operating System just about as stable as VM/370…"

Who does? Where can I get it? You mean Linux?

Comment

Well XP is been very stable for me, unlike 98.

Comment

From the official forums:

Folks,

BETA Contest Winners will be announced Wed (today) 9/25 at 9PM PST.

I'm proud to say that we have 927 correct entries from a total of 1627! WAY TO GO! The fans really know their stuff!

Also I want to personally thank you all for participating in this fun contest. You all showed marvelous restraint in not posting answers and playing by the rules. Big time Salute!!

Best,

Constantine Hantzopoulos
                          Sr. Producer
                          Infogrames
                          Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

the correct answers...

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Sure seems to be a lot of insectoids out there. I miss the Elerians.
                              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
                              X