Moo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo?

Ok, I got the original MoO off of an abandon-ware site. When I run install, it tells me to insert disk one. Now, obviously, I don't have the disks. What do I do in this case?

How did the install go, did you download a zip and unzip it into some directory and then run the install? Did the install go to yet another directory? I seem to recall that I ran with out disk on my original copy, it had 4 diskettes. I never need them after the install. I copied all files down and then ran install in the same directory. All of my other copies are on CD. I do not need the CD any longer either as I installed the same way. The good new is the CD has the patched version. I had to make my own Cd for Moo2 as all of my CD's are 1.2 or unpatched.

Comment

I unzipped my Zip file into a folder called "MoO" that I made, then ran install. It said "Insert disk 1". I hit enter, and it froze....

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working! Thanks anyhow, for caring =)

Comment

Great. have fun.

Comment

Thanks I'm still trying it out, and figuring out what to do and how to play. I have one question, though. Is Orion a planet you can capture, and if so, and special bonuses? I read in the manual that it was created, and he who controls it controls the universe.

Comment

Yes the planet Orion is protected by the guardian. The guardian is a soupped up ship with some hardware that is not researchable, such as X-armor 800 hp at impossible level for armor alone. Anyway the planet is GAIA huge terran that has special bonus for science. Stay away until you have a decent fleet, it will kill all scouts. When you kill the guardian, you get a ship with special tech and death ray plus 3 other techs not available normally. Loknar is the legendary pilot of the ship +37 to 4 skills. Once I kill the guardian I leave Orion alone until someone builds it up a little as I do not want to defend it that early in the game.

I got my wires cross and started talkiing about Moo2, sorry.

Moo has Orion as a 4x research terran planet. It is protect by a guardian as well. You get death ray and three techs as well. The difference is no Loknar or ship.

I do not go after Orion until I have done all research, but that is a matter of choice as no one will go for Orion until you kill it. At least in any game I have played and I dare say no one has played more games of Moo than I have.
            Last edited by vmxa1; August 24, 2002, 03:06.

Comment

I see I did not cover all of your points. I would say you do not capture it as it is not populated. You need to colonize it. It is like any planet protected by a monster (non splinter group).
              It does not control the universe. The tech can make you very strong, especially X-armor and Dampers. I have won when someone beat me to Orion though. I do hate to see them with X-arm and me with Z-arm.

Comment

Thanks.

I am getting the hang of it a bit now, but I need to read the manual again. If this game held up this well, it may be a long time before I can say I am "good" at it =)

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                  How did the install go, did you download a zip and unzip it into some directory and then run the install? Did the install go to yet another directory?
                  I have the same problem. You see, my friend gave me Moo be zipping his Moo directory and sending it to me. When I try to install, it asks me to insert disc 1, and I'm stuck there.

How do I install from the HD?
                  AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                  Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                  Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Well I just copied my MPS folder to another HD on my pc and opened the MPS directory, then the subdir called Orion. In it I have a short cut to the install file. Double clicked it and boom up comes the installer. I selected the install option. It defaults to the A drive. You select other and it should come up with a path to your HD. Then off you go.

Comment

You don't get x-armor or Loknar in MoO.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Whoops got onthe wrong page again.

Comment

Working...
                        X