Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How steep will the learning curve of this game be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How steep will the learning curve of this game be?

It sounds like it'll be pretty hard to play, but if it were TOO hard, no one would like it.

How long will it take me to learn how to play this game do you think? It didn't take me too long to learn how to play BOTF, which sounds very similar to moo3.

I don't think you'll have any problems. If the game was obviously too hard to play then it would be redesigned.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Hmm. Compared to BotF it'll probably be easier, actually -- I'd played Civ, MOO/MOO2 and various other strat games and still didn't "immediately" grasp the keys to success in BotF.

I suspect it'll be easy to get into, but it'll take longer than MOO or MOO2 to get really good at -- in terms of being able to win on the higher difficulty settings.
      Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Birth was not much fun IMO, I played it once and could not get into it. I did like the combat display it was very nice for the time.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
          Birth was not much fun IMO, I played it once and could not get into it. I did like the combat display it was very nice for the time.
          Yeah, I did not like the "you can capture most races just by being nice to them" That breaks it for me since almost all independent races can be bought.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Do they still plan to print a 500+ pages manual to be included w the game? Since the cuts, namely Ethos system, I suspect that a 200 pages manual should be sufficient. For the learning curve, I agree with Xentax. Better this way, and for what I know it's how the game seems to be designed.
            The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Working...
            X