No announcement yet.

Space Battle Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have literally been waiting years for MOO3, just like the majority of you. And each time the date got put back, I tried to convince myself that it was just so that all the cool stuff they were putting in it needed to mesh better. But seeing that space battle scene... well it looks like it was written by a retarded monkey on a C64. To me, it looks like more like a pinball game then a battle.

I hope they have secretly ditched that code and started over. QS can have my $80 in December, November, or whenever the game is fixed. But if they release it in "September-ish" looking like that... well I'm not about to pay $80 for space-pong.

Comment

I can understand their desire to make the game accessible to the vast majority of their potential audience. Unfortunately you know that there will be a trade off in poorer review scores and loss of sales if the game looks like poo.

From the low resolution movie I have to say it looks bad, but its just possible that in full screen, high resolution and the right gamma settings it looks much better. If not, we'll have to hope the placeholder graphics get thrown out with the placeholder sounds. Interestingly enough Legion is another game that recently got released with low-end graphics and specs. The idea doesn't seem to pay off.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by gramians
        QS can have my $80 in December, November, or whenever the game is fixed. But if they release it in "September-ish" looking like that... well I'm not about to pay $80 for space-pong.
        A few months ago I've anticipated a november-ish or late fall release ( then at least 6 months later than officially stated ), for a game that complex it was more reasonable. Now I'm beginning to think about feb-march 2003, even if they work 16 hours a day. They just can't skip the normal time for the upcoming beta testing ( they're reaching alpha right now), otherwise risking to spoil a great project so promising.
        The cuts and the "departures" seem to have a greater impact at QS, and MoO3 is not ready for the efficient deadline they want.
        The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Where are you getting $80 from? Are you planning to buy 2 copies? Most of the prices Ive seen for pre-orders are in the $40 range. Honestly, if it was more than about $55 before tax I wouldn't get it

Comment

Look at the flag and you will see why it may be 80.

Comment

What's the rate now, $1 CA = $0.65 US? Something like that (poor blighters).
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Re: It's a Strategy Game!

Originally posted by CICSMaster
                In case you haven't noticed.
                This is a strategy game. You will not be able to direct anything less than a fleet in the battle screens. I don't even think you can direct a fleet to fire, just merely change the fleets orders and conditions of battle.
                So? MoO is a strategy game. So is MoO 2. Why should there be any micromanagment of planets but not fleets?

Originally posted by CICSMaster
                The whole point is to design your units/ships so that you have a fleet that follows tactics that the units/ships were designed for. You should not have to intervene in the battle to affect the outcome, if you have done a good job of designing the ships and composing the fleet and giving the fleet orders.
                Not when the AI is dumber than a brick, which is usually the case.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                  Look at the flag and you will see why it may be 80.
                  Bingo!

$1 CAD = $0.642 USD

Then add 15% sales tax (GST & PST) since I live in Ontario...

Then cry.

$80 could heat my igloo for a month.

Comment

Working...
                  X