Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs help with Doom Stars :)

Heyaz,

Noticed MOO2 (jewel only version) in a bargain bin recently and was shocked to remember I had never played this classic! Hoping someone still around to answer this...

Just finished the tech necessary for Doom Star construction but can't figure out how to build it; it doesn't show up after the "Titan" class ship in the available builds list.

Is there another tech necessary? Thought it might have to be built at a star fortress but didn't work there either. Read everything and searched everwhere I could think of.

Big thanks for an answer

Szethe

Hi,

1st get the 1.31 patch if you don't already have it. As far as I can remember there's no other tech needed. Doom star should show up in the design window. You know the design window don't you?
    It's not easy to make a clean mess

Comment

First you need to have a star base where you try to build the ship, at least I think SB is enough. You can build less than cruisers with no Base, but larger ships need one. I think SB allows all. Any way then you select design and an existing model. Once that comes up, you will see in the upper left the ship sizes, scroll down to DS and pick it. You can then add in or change what ever you have tech for and save that design. Now you can build them. BTW you can create the template with out a SB.

Comment

What vmxa said. Make sure you have at least a Starbase anywhere you want to build these ships. If you have that and the tech you should be golden.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

You have to Design it first scrap your old Cout Design if ya still have it arround.
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
            You have to Design it first scrap your old Cout Design if ya still have it arround.
            You do not have to scrap anything. Like I said all you have to do is select an existing design of any size ship that suits you (scout is my choice) and when that is presented, scroll down the list from the highlighted Scout to DOOM and select it. Now you have a default DS and could save that template or modify it. I suggest modify and save. Now you can add to the build queue.

Comment

okay scrap was the wrong Word replace the slot with a DS :=)
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Working...
              X