Leaders vs starting position (MoO 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaders vs starting position (MoO 2)

It appears that if you start in a bad position, the computer compensates for this by giving you good leaders.

Has anybody else noticed this?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Bad position = surrounded by star systems with gas-giants and asteroid belts?

No... I haven't noticed that... could it be so?
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I can't say I've seen any correlation like that. However, a couple of fellas I used to play multi with got into real superstition about how lousy starts you'd get if you chose the creative race pick. Uncanny, it was.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Lousy starting place according to racial settings? Again... haven't noticed.... Strange indeed.

Moomin, are you really from Ã…land?
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
          Lousy starting place according to racial settings? Again... haven't noticed.... Strange indeed.
          Hey, I don't claim it's true. I just say it sure as heck seemed so to us at that point.

Moomin, are you really from Ã…land?
          You bet, Suomi-boy! And we want Ã…bo back!
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Lousy position as in can't expand fast and even boxed in by neighbours.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Lousy position as in all the planets you can reach with your first colony ships are ultra poor/tiny/toxic.

Comment

If you cornered by these planets than you should surely restart the game even if you are granted with the top-leaders they surely can't compensate the hamper in expansion and that's the most important thing you have to do in the beginning.
                Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Don't know about MP, but I once played a creative tech race and I started with a Gaia in my home system

well, Gaia with poor mineral, with wrong grav setting (i was low-grav, it was normal), but it still made a decent farming planet

Comment

That's what I usually do: restart

Comment

Re: Leaders vs starting position (MoO 2)

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      It appears that if you start in a bad position, the computer compensates for this by giving you good leaders.
                      Has anybody else noticed this?
                      Definitely true if random events are ON.

Also race and banner color may affect chances to get bad start. For example, usually AQUATIC+GREEN has better home star than SUBTERRANEN+RED. However, almost the same start if there are more than one AQUATIC race in galaxy. Maybe my imagination. Not 100% sure.

Regards,
                      ddd

Comment

Working...
                      X