Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANTZ HOSELEY interview!

our first moo3 interview with Rantz Hoseley

Last edited by MarkG; June 11, 2002, 20:25.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Hmm, sounding much better then when I had first heard about it. No more IFP, and you can actually control combat somewhat, and lots of other cool stuff. It also seems that Infogrames must actually be listening to all the people who complain when they make developers rush games.
    "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

infogreed not the root of all evil?

Good interview, will be interesting to see what 'Poly people say when its released.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Good work, Markos.

I do wish there had been a question or two about the recent purges at QS, but otherwise we have now confirmed that the guys left there still think it's a game worth paying for.

A real shame they won't be relasing a demo, though.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Before I ask anything else... what is MoO3?
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver,
            Are you joking?

Anyway,
            It is long awaited Master of Orion III

Comment

I know it's Master of Orion 3, and that's exactly where my knowledge of it all ends.

Comment

It is like Civ in space. One of the official scenarios for Civ2 was about MoO.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

TBS's apart from Civ just can't be good .

I think I should find a preview somehwere.

Comment

The series was originally made by Microprose, so some of the people who worked on MoO knew some of the people who worked on Civ.
                    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      I know it's Master of Orion 3, and that's exactly where my knowledge of it all ends.
                      It's a Civ-like TBS. The "Feel" is a bit different because of the planets vs. terrain nature; if you can imagine an island-hopping Civ map, where there's a potential city but only one on each island, that's a glimpse of what the landscape would be like. Space Combat can't occur just anywhere, though -- only within solar systems.

There's lots more to it than that, of course. MOO's strengths compared to Civ include the fact that you can design units (in MOO3, that includes missiles and fighters and mines, not just ships), a richer espionage and diplomacy system (especially in MOO3), and an open-ended timeline -- the game goes until a victory condition is met. Weaknesses compared to moo3 -- well, I'm biased, so I don't see many, but Civ is a little easier to approach for new strategy players (without sacrificing richness), and since it's historical to near future, the game setting is more familiar than an interstellar, distant-future universe.

Totally off-topic: Can I ripoff your Avatar?
                      Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Who did the interview and why is his name hidden behind the site name. That is really screwed up.

Comment

I'd be awfully surprised if it wasn't MarkG...
                          Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

The interviewer should be named.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                              Who did the interview and why is his name hidden behind the site name. That is really screwed up.
                              Who cares, questions were asked, thats what he answered.
                              "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X