No announcement yet.

Apolyton is better than Infogrames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had two servers too busy since the new stats.

Just a data point.
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by GP
      Markie, I was just being sarcastic. I can remember when Dan was very reluctant to fiund the server at fault. (Asked for tracerts and other troubleshooting, when it was pretty obvious the server was the issue...when multiple users all over the World see a problem...and its only with one site...the issue is not in the net.)
      Well, it's the server or the part of the connection that all the users rely on (the server's interface on out to at least the first level provider's demarc).
      Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Xentax, sure. And what we foudn invariably was that it was either a code issue with the site or more commonly a server issue. But Dan was much more interested in ruling out low likelihood scenarios before inpsecting the mkost likely rpoblems. I think part of the issue was the Tech Service at Gamestats which game him the runaround. (I've managed techs...I'm familiar with the tendancy to try to fingerpoint away...)

Comment

or perhaps it's not very noble of a person to publicly "point the finger" to coworkers and partners...
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

vBulletin code problems tend to get noticed. This was one I got this morning (along with 2 "The server is too busy at the moment or the maximum number of guests have been exceeded. Please try again in a few minutes" messages):

Warning: Too many connections in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40
            Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections
            in /home/virtual/site1/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40
            !-- Database error in vBulletin: Link-ID == false, connect failed
            mysql error: Too many connections
            mysql error number: 1040
            Date: Tuesday 11th of June 2002 10:59:04 AM
            Script: /forums/poll.php?action=pollvote&pollid=2513&optionnumber=5
            Referer: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=52639
            --

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
            Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited by Straybow; June 12, 2002, 01:05.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Oops, there was some html in there the vBulletin didn't like… nothing like a stray {/table} to mess things up.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Maaakos...you are a wise young man...

Comment

you are a wise young man...
                  i know i am, but why?
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

The choice between tact and truth is an interesting question. But even that you state it as this makes me feel confirmed in my suspicions...

Comment

Working...
                    X