Tech trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech trading

As far as trading goes, I find it most useful to be a monopolist if I'm the only one who has that tech. But I always DO trade it for something good I missed or will miss bec of the exclusionary tech tree. Pollution processor for auto factory or heavy armor is always a good trade if u pick or will pick the missle base.

And remember once the 2nd civ gets that hi tech (by trade or stealing fr. u), think of the law of supply and demand - it becomes cheaper once more ppl have access to it. So go ahead and trade it to the 3rd or 4th guy for something far less in cost - shield I, etc. You know your hi tech will spread around anyway
    So you might as well get something extra out of it.

Another good reason to trade is to prevent someone else from outright stealing it from u in the first place. You'll notice that in the beginning some civs start stealing your tech early on esp if u choose -10 spying for custom race....

When I play as Ceative, I do not trade tech. I do not want to let them get something they would not otherwise have. Since I will have everything, I do no need to trade for anything. I also do no want to makethem get stuff faster, once I get even in tech.

Comment

But of course you never play Creative, right vmxa?
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Depends. If I just want to play a quick game at hard level and not test anything, I do. Otherwise not.
        That is what is so cool, you can use any tatics you want.

Comment

I would have always played creative until I started reading at Poly. Now ya'll tell me that playing creative is no challenge. I sure do miss getting everything.

What is the balance anyway?

I always find myself split amongst tech, planetary development, and expansion. Before I know it I have no ships and a pissed off AI wanting stuff.

What is your balance?

R:PM

PS I am learning that some ships early on are a plus.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It depends on what you want to do. War monger or not. I go for research boost, planetary enhancers. Some choices are very tough:
            Chemisrty 1150 rp
            Atmospheric Renewer Iridium Fuel Cells Pulson Missiles
            what to do? I may need the fuel cells to get farther, I may need missles if at war, I always need Renewer.
            Some choicesnot so bad:
            Construction 1150 rp
            Battletoids Ground Batteries Titan Construction
            choose Ground Batteries as I do not need Battletoids and it will be awhile before I can make titans and I can get by without titans, but they will surely be available to steal.
            Ships are a must to keep the AI from demanding stuff or attacking. The AI does not know a good ship from a bad one so you need numbers.
            BTW, I won an auction on Ebay for Moo2 with manual and strat guide, so I will have them again soon.

Comment

I think the computers are the worst choises to make, as in the most dificult? Planetary supercomp/Holosimulator/+75 ship comp is scary... So is Autolab/+100 ship comp.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Those are tough, also some in construction

Heavy Armor/Auto factories/missile base

I always take auto factories, because I can usually trade for the others.

Chemistry, almost all in the early tree, but I especially hate

Nanodissassemblers/mircolite/Zortrium armor
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yeah, all tough choises... except for the Autofactories. I can't imagine playing without them. (Well, actually I can. I never seem
                  to get them playing uncreative. Feh.)

Comment

Also if you elected to take a minus for spying, then all of the early boost for spying are tough to skip. That is why if I want a quick game, without a big strain, I used Creative. Now, I do not have to think real hard about every reasearch path.

Comment

I dunno. I feel I cut to much out of the game if I go creative. For easy, happy and quick games I go subterranean.

Comment

I generally pick the same techs each time. Since I am bored I will list what I research for an average tech start.

Reinforced hull
                        Auto Factories
                        Hydroponic Farm
                        Research Lab
                        Soil Enrichment
                        Neural Scanner
                        Planetary Supercomputer
                        Fusion Rifle
                        Battle Scanner
                        Class 1 shields
                        Battle pods

Then comes the decisions in the chemistry tree and this depends on who I have met and what I have been able to trade for.
                        Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

No need for subterranean, just grap a Sakkra and bingo, you have it whenever you sent one to a planet.

Comment

Yeah, but if you play a tiny U with only a few races chances are good the Sakkra won't be in at all...

Comment

So if the Sakkara aren't in the game, or aren't near you you are screwed eh

Comment

Working...
                              X