No announcement yet.

24 BRAND NEW MoO3 SCREENSHOTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice shots, but this is mostly a refined work of already known engines. Still a good shaping for let's say....a november release.
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Yeah, pc.ign.com said that the tentative release date was somewhere in fall 2002. But it looks like they may make that deadline hopefully.
      "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
        It's Latin, although it ain't.

In fact it _is_ Latin, but nonsense in Latin. It's an old typographic placehoder text used when you want to see how the text looks but don't have the proper text to feed into your layout yet.

Means Moo3 is noway near done yet.
        You're right and wrong on this one. Yes, the text is Latin placeholder. However, many of those screens are not technically screenshots. They are the UI designer's guides for the programmers. It isn't her responsibility to find every bit of correct text and place it into the UI guide. Hence, the screens may not have all the proper text in them -- just stylized placeholder text to show the programmers what everything's supposed to look like.

Infogrames releases these as screenshots and they really are not. They are not grabbed from in-game play. They are photoshop documents from the artist meant for internal use.

So, trying to assume the status of MOO3's completion based upon seeing these layouts is probably not the best thing to do.

Comment

So far, the user interface looks A+, good presentation and easy to use. I'm still hopefull for MOO3 to be the best strategy game of all time.

Comment

So, trying to assume the status of MOO3's completion based upon seeing these layouts is probably not the best thing to do.
            I'd like to chime in my agreement here. There's no telling how long ago these screens were grabbed -- 2 weeks or more before E3 would be a perfectly valid guess, for example, but even earlier wouldn't be unreasonable, either.

And as you said, they're layout demonstrators for the UI programmers, not screenshots from within the game itself. So how far along the game engine is, in terms of integrating with the revised UI, is not a question you can answer based on these screenshots (or any others, for that matter).

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a fall '02 release -- meaning Octoberish. The landmark I'm still waiting for is beta testing; IMHO, they can't get this thing out the door right with anything less than 3 months of beta testing, and since beta testing hasn't started yet, my "hopeful" side says it's still 3+ months away until MOO3 goes gold. If that testing doesn't start until September, we'll be looking at either a Christmas++ release or a poor/rushed one a la Civ3.

Remember, all that is just IMHO; I'm roughly as in the dark as anyone else who doesn't work for QSI or Infogrames at this point.
            Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Xen, yes, but you hang a lot over at Delphi, don't ya? Surely there are better rumors than that over there?
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Xen, yes, but you hang a lot over at Delphi, don't ya? Surely there are better rumors than that over there?
                Not really -- there hasn't been any official information released lately that hasn't been echoed over here, that I can think of at least.

Game-related rumors ought to kick up any day now, I'd think, what with E3 having just come and gone; and/or some more official information now that E3 is behind them.

I wish there was more to say; the official forum could certainly benefit from something more "on-topic" to talk about
                Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Well, we appreciate you being here and sharing. Most of us can't really be bothered to check out the chaos that is Delphi. If something juicy comes up, you'll be sure to tell, right?
                  "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                  "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Since the Delphi board is going byebye (IG has moved things to their corporate boards), it doesn't really matter much now whether anyone wants to navigate Delphi or not.
                    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Well, we appreciate you being here and sharing. Most of us can't really be bothered to check out the chaos that is Delphi. If something juicy comes up, you'll be sure to tell, right?
                      As Stormhound said, the official forums are now on IG's website, not Delphi, but your point remains the same.

I don't visit this forum quite "every day", more like every other day or so; but if any official information hasn't made it over here by the time I check, I'll be sure to post it. I see no reason to leave people in the dark just because they prefer this forum over the official ones, since both seem to have their merits.
                      Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Xentax, thank you! I appreciate the level-headedness and calmness of your response, btw. I don't really understand how you could ever stand Delphi

Comment

I don't really understand how you could ever stand Delphi
                          Yeah, you can find everything publicly said about MoO3 in there, but the ways to find a particular info are...overwhelming to say the least.
                          The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

The Delphi boards were so chaotic.

Anyone who usually hangs here checked out the new official boards yet?

Comment

The Delphi boards were so chaotic.

Anyone who usually hangs here checked out the new official boards yet?
                              The new forums are still in the "moving in" phase, if you will, as far as I can tell. I suspect they'll be as "lively" as ever once everyone's settled in.

The overall feeling seems to be strongly positive though -- not much to complain about except the color scheme. If others haven't noticed, they're running the same forum engine that these fine forums are, so anyone who's here who wants to check out the "new" official forum should feel right at home.

As to how I stay level-headed, well -- between 2+ years at a phone helpdesk and just a general track record of "staying cool under fire", it's gotten pretty hard to get me riled up. It comes in handy.
                              Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

It's Latin, although it ain't.

In fact it _is_ Latin, but nonsense in Latin. It's an old typographic placehoder text used when you want to see how the text looks but don't have the proper text to feed into your layout yet.

Means Moo3 is noway near done yet.
                                Weird Latin. Some of the words aren't even in Latin and the grammar is kind of funny too. I wonder where they got it from...

Comment

Working...
                                X