Moo3 for Mac first?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkG
    I honestly don't know whose decision it was to publish on the Mac with MacSoft
    perhaps cause infogrames owns macsoft

btw, infogrames bought macsoft before buying hasbo interactive. also macsoft had done all the civ2/mac games...
    Then I guess there's some hope that the unheard-of coordination might actually happen!

Well, I can dream, can't I?
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Hmm,

If I owned both companies like infro(Yeah right), I'd do everything that I could to put both versions in the same box. The cost savings are monumental.

R:PM
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Then again, you lose out on selling two copies to people who have both PC and Mac. I bought Moo2 for both platforms, since I had friends on both I wanted to play with...
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

The cost savings would most probably outweigh the added revenue of people buying for both platforms.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

On the balance, I'd say you're right. The Mac is such a small market.

Comment

Originally posted by RPMisCOOL
              Xentax,

Sorry, if you don't mind me asking...where are you getting the publishing info?

Well, I'd heard it from Cory Nelson before. But, I didn't realize until I saw Mark's reply that MacSoft was a division of Infogrames. Go figure.

Anyway, this page pretty much gets the point across -- http://www.wizworks.com/macsoft/?pag...r_of_orion_iii

I'd guess they're doing 2 boxes, and that's that it's easier for them to do so because of the packaging issues for a Mac application vs. a Windows one. I doubt either publishing group has experience creating a cross-platform distribution, and that it's therefore more trouble to try and do something different than it is to do 2 things they've done before.

You're certainly not going to convince a marketing-type person that it's cheaper to ship a Mac CD and a PC CD to everyone that wants one or the other, even though it's possible that that's the case if that results in only one box, manual (but 2 installation guides), etc.
              Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

© 2001 Infogrames Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Master of Orion®, Master of Orion II® and Master of Orion III® are U.S. registered trademarks. Infogrames and the Infogrames logo are trademarks of Infogrames Entertainment. S.A. Quicksilver is a registered trademark of Quicksilver Software, Inc. Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation. All other trademarks or tradenames are the property of their respective owners.

Sorry but something about this disclaimer on the bottom of the MACsoft web page struck me as funny. Windows???

We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I'm with Moomin in hoping for a dual release. If they ship both versions on one disk (like WCIII) I can play it on my work laptop as well as my home Mac. Combine that with 'Poly and my self-destructive quest to never be able to get any work done no matter where I am will be complete!
                  What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

You shouldn't be playing on your work laptop. My brother-in-law says that if he doesn't make partner this year, he will blame it on Civ.

Comment

I've got at least two more years before I'm up for partner - so there is plenty of time for me to slack yet.
                      What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

LOL...ok. Glad to hear that. You're probably more disciplined than he is. (told me that he was dying in a client meeting cause he stayed up in the hotel room playing civ...)

Comment

PC build will be released first, Mac shortly after. VERY shortly after. Development is happening simultaneously, so there should not be any significant delay.
                          Rantz Hoseley
                          Art Director
                          Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Working...
                          X