Moo3 for Mac first?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo3 for Mac first?!

Head's up, everyone. On the official Infogrames E3 page there say that Moo3 is to be released for the Mac in oct-02. No word 'bout the PC.

Has Infogrames commited yet another info blunder or are they serious?

Link:
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

another of what you said
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

They also have a few new downloadable screenshots. Seems much like what was posted here a couple of hour ago.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Gonegold still has 9/25 for the PC.

R:PM
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

It looks to me like they will both be released simultaneously, according to Inforgrames' site, as it states "PC CD-ROM MAC". I could be wrong tough.
          Why did the Antaran cross the road?
          There was a race that he hadn't conquered yet on the other side... and he had nothing better to do, so...

Comment

Originally posted by picotrain
            It looks to me like they will both be released simultaneously, according to Inforgrames' site, as it states "PC CD-ROM MAC". I could be wrong tough.
            Excellent plan infor, now execute!

We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Having both a Mac and a PC, I'd be delighted if it was all on one CD. Not that it matters - I'm well positioned to grab it whatever format it comes out on first!

(And just because I'm overconfident, they'll release it for the PS2, or something...)

Comment

They may very well choose to release it simultaneously for the Mac and PC ... perhaps even in the same box, like moomin said, which would be neat.

Blizzard are doing a simultaneous Mac/PC worldwide release for Warcraft III ... or so they claimed when I read that info a few weeks back.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

From a business and logistics point of view, you cannot beat releasing both in the same box.

Comment

Originally posted by RPMisCOOL
                    From a business and logistics point of view, you cannot beat releasing both in the same box.

Considering Infogrames is publishing the PC version, and MacSoft the Mac version, I doubt this'll happen for MOO3.
                    Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Xentax
                      Considering Infogrames is publishing the PC version, and MacSoft the Mac version, I doubt this'll happen for MOO3.
                      It would certainly require unhead-of coordination!

Comment

Originally posted by Xentax

I'm sorry I was going of a previous post that made it seem that infro was doing it all.

Does infro not have mac publishing capability?
                        Or did QS decide that two pubs are better than one (thats bar hopping on the corporate level)!

Comment

Originally posted by RPMisCOOL

I'm sorry I was going of a previous post that made it seem that infro was doing it all.

Does infro not have mac publishing capability?
                          Or did QS decide that two pubs are better than one (thats bar hopping on the corporate level)!

I honestly don't know whose decision it was to publish on the Mac with MacSoft -- that decision may have been made when Hasbro was doing the PC version, before Infogrames acquired Hasbro (if I'm recalling the course of events correctly, anyway).

Regardless, that's the way it currently stands to the best of my knowledge. And I'd agree with the previous post that a box put out by two publishers together would be a _very_ unlikely thing. I'm pretty sure a 2-CD set could suffice technically for a distribution that had both the PC and Mac versions, however.
                          Xentax@nc.rr.com

Comment

Xentax,

Sorry, if you don't mind me asking...where are you getting the publishing info?

Comment

I honestly don't know whose decision it was to publish on the Mac with MacSoft
                              perhaps cause infogrames owns macsoft

btw, infogrames bought macsoft before buying hasbo interactive. also macsoft had done all the civ2/mac games...
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X