moo3 fact sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moo3 fact sheet

this is it. imho this is what one should base his decision to buy or not to buy the game. not what everyone hoped to do in the begining but what they have in the game now

In Master of Orion 3, the sequel to one of the best-loved strategy games of all time, players assume the biggest role ever. No longer do players merely represent petty interplanetary dictators. In Master of Orion 3, players represent the controlling power behind the entire galactic civilization: the dictators, presidents, councils and overlords that come and go are merely a player's pawn. One must use governments and their leaders to secure the destiny of their civilization, to manipulate its policies of freedom and oppression in both foreign and domestic areas. It is not enough to be an able economist or a great captain to succeed in Master of Orion 3; considerable political, administrative and espionage skills must be applied to craft your civilization's glorious chapter in the Annals of Time and Space.

Game Features

-Multiple ways to win: Military, Economic, Political

-New and improved tactical combat

-"Shipyard" function where players can select and lay out ship components (using 2D blueprints) and optimize their designs

-Improved player interface with real-time rotating 3D star map and solar system display

-Sophisticated technology "wheel" offering numerous potential combinations

-Extensive economic and trade models that will effect the efficiency and power of the user's empire

-Rich political environment

-"Legendary" units with rich, interesting story lines that affect gameplay

-Complete sensory immersion: visuals and audio that work together to create an engrossing experience

-Highly detailed models for ships and installations

-Simultaneous, asynchronous turn-based play to speed multiplayer games

-Races have unique attributes, abilities and personalities
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Its a little shy on details methinks. Very general. Nor does it say how all of it is going to be implemented. Is that list even finalised at this stage? What is "new and improved tactical combat"?
    On top of that there do have to be enough improvements over Moo/Moo2 and all of the others out there to warrant purchasing it

I do definitely agree though that it should be considered on the merits of what it is rather than what it might have been.

Comment

Yes, very fluffy MarketSpeak(tm) there. Still, if they can actually deliver on all those promises, it'll be nice.

But 3D star map? Yuck! Then again, they say 3D system map, and from the shots posted it's pretty darn clear it's actually 2D, so maybe there's some hope still.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

At least now we now what will be printed on the back of the box!

R:PM
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

RPM, I think CB could pick up some of these exciting phrases for your own future box!
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

"Rich political environment".....hmmm, with all the cuts made ( such as Ethos ), I wonder how rich ....can be simpler than stated. Still, high hopes for something deeper in that matter next to everything made in a TBS so far. Otherwise there's nothing really new in the fact sheet.
            The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
              RPM, I think CB could pick up some of these exciting phrases for your own future box!
              Yeah, but that tis the work of the Vels and the FPs. I'm more of a numbers guy!

We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Still, you ought to be able to give them a pointer! There's really some beautiful fluff in that announcement.

Comment

-Multiple ways to win: Military, Economic, Political
                  When was it written?
                  from what I think I know, there are only 2 ways left: Military Kill'em All and Political (Heir to the Throne).

-Sophisticated technology "wheel" offering numerous potential combinations
                  Same remark. I have little faith in the new tech model.

From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Ye damned whale!

Comment

Looks very interesting and has promise. Anyone actually believe it may get completed by the fall and that we will finally be swamped with more actual game details?
                    "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Your guess is as good as any, Lodi. I bet even QS doesn't really know.

BTW, how comes a Jan 1970 guy like yourself is a warlord?

Comment

Is there more info to be found on "ship 2d blueprints?" Sounds constrictive to me (A graphical fill in the slots versus a put these systems in my ship).

Comment

I am only a warlord here since I have browsed the boards for years but ultimately I am a lurker.
                          "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

My compliments on your self-restraint, man.

Comment

Does anyone know when this will be finished.
                              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Working...
                              X