I would like to see.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like to see.....

A ladder system for moo3 built in online like on Red Alert 2. Or some kind of 3rd party ladder that gives prizes to the winner, like CPL for Counter-Strike, that is something that maybe apolyton might do if we are lucky. All I know is that the online environment for a lot of games die quickly when there is nothing like that, especially since TBS games are not known for the amount of people who play then online (other than PBEM games, but that takes too long for most), unfortunately.
    ~~ Anubis

A Moo ladder? Perish the though. Given the time it'd take that woiuld actually be a reason to install filtering proxies at any sane workplace. A quick game of CS takes, what, ten minutes? Even a short game of Moo is an evening...
    "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
    "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
      A Moo ladder? Perish the though. Given the time it'd take that woiuld actually be a reason to install filtering proxies at any sane workplace. A quick game of CS takes, what, ten minutes? Even a short game of Moo is an evening...
      Ya it does, but have you ever played the game red alert, or even warcraft. They have a built in ladder system. The game MAY take a while on moo3 which would mean only serious players would do it. There were (and I still think are) ladders for the Civ style games in about the same content as I have described. I think it would be far more rewarding if for example Infogrames managed one and had "seasons" in which the winners get a prize for being on the top of the ladder. For example a geforce 4 or a beta test acceptance for a new game. Whatever suits your fancy.
      ~~ Anubis

Comment

As long as I can filter it out at my workplace, it's fine. Anybody who thinks playing ladders with five-hours games is a good idea is welcome to do so, of course. But frankly, I don't think Infograms has so much to win by doing it themselves - the paying market for that kind of thing must be small.

At least I hope so.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

As long as I can filter it out at my workplace, it's fine. Anybody who thinks playing ladders with five-hours games is a good idea is welcome to do so, of course. But frankly, I don't think Infograms has so much to win by doing it themselves - the paying market for that kind of thing must be small.

At least I hope so.
          Well you would be suprised. Table top games like Warhammer and Magic The Gathering are an example of this. Games in both of those if played by very good people can last an extremely long time, more so than a moo game. I would also not be surpised that after a while a game on moo would take less than 2 hours. As I have dont that on Moo 2 in a small universe. With the new anti-micromanagement ideas it would take even less time. Also timed turns help as well. It is something that we would just have to wait and see.

Also I seriously doubt that infogrames would ever take on such a project. That is more the thing for either apolyton or quicksilver. Perhaps even the company that host's this game online (Won or Gamespy). It actually depends on how good this game actually is and how it apeals to the people who like Moo games and to people who never played/dont like them. If it appeals to all I would expect that something like this ladder would happen. If not it will only be on a 3rd party website in which only the people who the only game they play is moo3, or die hard fans, will participate (like apolyton CTP2 games).
          ~~ Anubis

Comment

Perhaps.

But I think it would be difficult for a third party that doesn't have a direct tie-in with the game - like BattleNet ties in with StarCraft - to get a working revenue stream out of it. None of the game connecting services has done too well, have they?

Comment

Perhaps.

But I think it would be difficult for a third party that doesn't have a direct tie-in with the game - like BattleNet ties in with StarCraft - to get a working revenue stream out of it. None of the game connecting services has done too well, have they?
              Yes, not really. Other than maybe old ten and heat.net. But those are not around today, so they dont count. At best Apolyton would do something with it like they did the Civ games....
              ~~ Anubis

Comment

since you brought up ten... ten became pogo.com (after a brief period of being the games behind every portal site), which was recently (well probably a year ago) bought by EA.

Comment

Working...
                X