No announcement yet.

killing natives et al

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I dont know what error I was getting... I got it to run fine under 2k pro with no changes to nothing... only problem was the video kept going screwey on me. I took someone else's suggestion of getting the debug versions of dx8 and that solved the problem but now I have problems with other games.... O well time to set up that p200 in the corner for MOO2 and Civ2 exclusively :P

Comment

Actually it is time to go to XP, no need for those standby pc's. W2K is to XP what Win95 was to Win98SE, out of date. Both games you mentioned work fine for me on XP as well as Dos games like ALien Legacy, Mom. With sound.

Comment

You have Alien Legacy?!?
        That game is GREAT! Did you ever finish it?
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Yup, twice. I played a third time a couple of weeks ago, but have not finished that one. The point where you go to war and have to make space station with level 6 research is very tedious. I loved the exploration and finding artifact, some what like SMAC.

Comment

XP almost made me cry with that damned play-skool look.

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Not sure what you mean, but you can make it look anyway you want. All I know is I have had no problems, which is something I have not been able to say about any previous OS from big Bill.

Comment

I will not go to XP - dont want the spyware or any of the cutesy stuff. SURE you can strip down XP so it dont look so retarded, but then you just have 2k, so why bother with XP?

AND I LIKE MY 2ND AND 3RD PC's - one is a mail/web server and the other is a linux project box so :P

Comment

Originally posted by brian wagner
                  I will not go to XP - dont want the spyware or any of the cutesy stuff. SURE you can strip down XP so it dont look so retarded, but then you just have 2k, so why bother with XP?

AND I LIKE MY 2ND AND 3RD PC's - one is a mail/web server and the other is a linux project box so :P
                  Spyware? go on....
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by brian wagner

It says motor city, sure its not Montana
                    The point is that 2K will not run many games that XP will.
                    Stability is better in XP and ease of use, all aspects are superior to NT/2K/9x.

Comment

Right right but I also use this puter for professional use as well, and I can't stand XP. Anyway so far Moo2 is the only thing I have had (minor) problems with.

And lemme shoot some links for what I mean by spyware... must locate them.

Comment

Install SP2 on win2k and it should do the trick...
                        it include some "compatibility patch".
                        I was not able to play moo2 on my win2k laptop until I got the service pack 2

Comment

The natives are really troublemaker. Ok they are good at farming but that's it. In the middle and endgame when a high industrial output becomes important they just take away space. So there should be an option got get rid of them.
                          Dance to Trance

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.

Comment

Maybe they could allow you to displace them and pay something, some price. It could be money or research points or a new tech you would need. Just so it is not a freebie.

Comment

Working...
                            X