Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killing natives et al

Hello everyone! its doctor nick!
    well not really...what is my problem (not split simpson personalities) is how do i kill off those pesky natives and aliens?
    i have version 1.3. i am tierd of playing the democrat, i what to try my hand at fedual pain!
    thank you!
    damian j

edit: changes little face to EVIL

1.3 or 1.31? You absolutely MUST upgrade to 1.31 to get rid of bugs and get ship initiative.

That said: AFAIK, you just can't kill pacified aliens. That goes for natives, too. They will stay until the end. If you're lucky, you'll lose some to bombardement if you're under attack.
    Genocide on a normal population is given as a one-time deal the round you just invaded. Then the population will die, one point each round. Remember to repop with your own guys before leaving the planet dead.
    If you are telepathic, and have insta-assimiliated the population, this deal will not be given. They are now loyal subjects, and you are not allowed to kill them.

One exception, of course: There's nothing stopping you from using freights to transport the population to another, already filled, planet. With no room to settle, they'll die at arrival. This is NOT possible with natives (refuse to leave home planet), and can be difficult with subterranean races if you are not.

C.

Comment

You should never kill natives. Best darn food producers in the game.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Better than Android Farmers?
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Android farmers come very late compared to natives.
          But no, not better than Android Farmers.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

By the time you get androids the game is already over. But they are better, it's true.

Then again androids don't count toward your pop score...
            "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
            "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

I don't understand androids. Since they aren't affected by morale, don't they actually suck? By the time you can build them you often have a huge +morale%.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I only use android workers bec they usually take 1 turn to build on developed worlds, then you can ship them off by freighter to your colony worlds to quickly build up perimeter colonies...

If u have enuf building tech on a developed world sometimes u can build a droid in 1 turn with just one worker, and have the others research

Comment

And funny that you should mention droids bec that is another way of killing off the natives, albeit haphazardly. Check out

"Force build 5 android workers. Each time, it will replacean
                  irrelevant carbon-based lifeform with a shining blue
                  android.

Repeat as needed. Add salt to taste."

So if your on a 4 person planet then force build all 4 citizen slots with androids, then ship them out later via freighter.
                  Then contact the UN to pay for your war crimes you genocidal bloodthirsty demagogue

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader
                    I don't understand androids. Since they aren't affected by morale, don't they actually suck? By the time you can build them you often have a huge +morale%.
                    Euhm. While they're documented not to be affected by morale, they actually are. That bug survived all patches. Look up any decent MUAW (Morale Affected Android Workers) strategy for more info...

Comment

Kill of pop units by...

Can't kill natives, AFAIK, but...

You CAN kill off other race pop units if you need. Like say, you have a bunch of meklar and psilon slaves for industry and research, right?

You then conquer the humans, whose bonuses don't apply to you, so you'd rather fill those planets with meklars for growth, right?

So, just send the humans off to a planet that has a full population! The poor humans will die in orbit looking for a spot to settle, and now there are fresh lands waiting to be settled by your meklar slaves!

Just too bad I can't get moo2 to run under 2kpro...

Comment

Re: Kill of pop units by...

Originally posted by brian wagner
                        Just too bad I can't get moo2 to run under 2kpro...
                        But you can! Just not the dos version.
                        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

But I cannot get the windows version to run either
                          I didnt even bother trying with the dos version, I knew that wouldnt fly...

When I get home maybe (if i remember) post my error, maybe one of you can help me... and I'm no puter newb just stumped.

Comment

Follow the thread for the moo2 site (among the recently acvtive ones)and it has pointers about get it to run. If this is a home PC, dump W2K and go to XP, moo2 works fine there. That is what I use now. Moo also works fine, my whole lib of games works. good luck.

Comment

No Problem: XP and W2K

Originally posted by brian wagner
                              But I cannot get the windows version to run either
                              I didnt even bother trying with the dos version, I knew that wouldnt fly...

When I get home maybe (if i remember) post my error, maybe one of you can help me... and I'm no puter newb just stumped.
                              I've got moo2 running on XP and W2K on my home network. Getting the Windows version to run is easy. For XP, find the executable file [orion2.exe I think] on your hard drive and right click it. Select properties, then "compatability". You should be able to select something along the line on "Run this under Windows 95 mode". I am not quoting Windows exactly here since I am at school working on my thesis.*

For W2K, I think you may have to do something similar. Change the properties of the file... I don't recall exactly what I did or if I had to do anything at all.

If that's the case, maybe it's just you. It also may help with some sh*tty graphic cards that you should change your desktop resolution before loading to 800x600 256c, or whatever the game prefers.

-----
                              * Yeah, I'm 27 and I still play MOO2. What are you going to do about it?!

Gamera the Gramian

Comment

Working...
                              X