GAMESPOT preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LDiCesare
    How come there is no word on the actual AI? When will they have time to tune it if there is none of it to be seen right now?
    There's plenty of AI to be seen and tuning continues apace.
    Rantz Hoseley
    Art Director
    Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Good grief. Soon you'll need a $20 "super happy extra special number one hyper-exclusive" membership just to see the front page of gamespot. God that site has gone to hell in a handbasket. Exclusive content? That was ok... but now about 85% of the site is membership. You can't even download patches without a membership. I'm going to find me a better site.

Comment

Not only that, but half the time the screen shot that showed up was not the one on the menu, but one from a previous release of screen shots.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

We're getting OT here, but I so agree. I don't use their forums, their video, or so many of the theings that are the reason for the new charges. Too bad.

-m
          "I am Misantropos, and hate Mankinde."
          - Timon of Athens
          "I know you all."
          - Prince Hal

Comment

Yeah, subscriber gaming sites are really sucking out a lot of what people go to them for. IGN used to be good. But now every good thing is insidered and a lot of the things you go to may be insider without there even being mention of it before hand. Or the fact that in their console coverage they seem to have been bought off by Microsoft by the bias they give towards XBox. And now they segment every preview and review to stuff more ads down people's throats. Online sites are almost as bad as gaming mags now it seems.

Hopefully people like Markos can keep their sites afloat without having to go down the path towards a complete pay for service. By focusing more on content they trying to fish hook people into paying for content it shows more enthusiasm for gaming and encourages more interest really in what they [site owners and editors] give to their visitors.
            "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

This is one of the few sites I would pay fore, actually. But then, since so much of the real valuable content is user-generated, we could probably expect a lot of it to vanish if the site took the toll-booth road, making it uninteresting to pay for.

Tricky, that.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
              X