MOO3 for 46.95 at Chips & Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3 for 46.95 at Chips & Bit

Has anyone noticed the ad in the top right hand corner for this?

R:PM
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

I've hit the refresh button several dozen times now and seen adds for almost every new game out there but no Moo3 ...
    Couldn't even find it on their website.
    Maybe they got a hold of that E3 pre-alpha.

Comment

Haven't seen it since I posted it either. Maybe someone was testing or something. But did I ever do a double take. I even had to look at my watch (date) to make sure that I hadn't been asleep for 4 months!

We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

If anybody pre-orders, they are crazy.

-game may not be up to snuff...should wait for reviews.
        -end up getting the game later than if you go directly to a store on opening day.

Comment

But GP, if everybody follows your advice how will you ever find out if the game is any good?

Trust the game rag reviews?
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

I saw it too, and found it weird. But since the release of civ 3, "weird" is a pretty soft word for what's going on in the gaming industry.
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by moominparatrooper
              But GP, if everybody follows your advice how will you ever find out if the game is any good?

Trust the game rag reviews?
              If the entire gaming public follows my advice, than you will have to make uninformed purchases. Until that unlikely event occurs, you have the better option of delaying your purchase until you read player reviews...

Comment

Originally posted by GP

If the entire gaming public follows my advice, than you will have to make uninformed purchases. Until that unlikely event occurs, you have the better option of delaying your purchase until you read player reviews...
                But if only fools rush out and buy the game on the day of the release, then you'll only have the words of fools to go on when deciding whether to buy the game or not. Hardly an informed decision, is it?

Well, disregard all that. I'm only trying to defend my own purchasing habit, and I bloody well know it's stupid. :-)
                "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
                  I saw it too, and found it weird. But since the release of civ 3, "weird" is a pretty soft word for what's going on in the gaming industry.
                  Thank you Zealot, for a second there I thought that I was going to be lumped into the, "I saw an alien group."

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                    If anybody pre-orders, they are crazy.
                    Don't worry about me, I will wait for that 3rd week price drop and playability reviews from the experts here at Poly.

Comment

3rd week price drop
                      some people said that for civ3 and it's price is still at 40$
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

50/50 marcus

How long did it take CTP2 to make the bargain bins?

Worth waiting to see, laddies.

Comment

You're honestly comparing Civ3 to CTP:2? lol!!

CTP:2 may have hit the bargin bins quickly but that happens when *any* piece of crap game is rushed out the door. Since Civ3 still isn't in the bargin bin I guess that says something, eh?

Anywho, I hope a demo is released for MOO3, but if not I'll buy it where I always do: EB, where I can uninstall it and take it right back if it sucks horribly, no questions asked...

Comment

It was confirmed in the past that NO demo shall be made, and have not heard of any contradictory rumors since. Anyway I'll give it a try - as a long time MoO fan.
                            The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                              3rd week price drop
                              some people said that for civ3 and it's price is still at 40$
                              I was surprised that it has not dropped of as well. However, that being said, I paid 49.95 on day three of release and then saw it at Best Buy or Fry's for 34.95 three days later.

So I'm sure that MOO3 will experience an early sale if it is good, and a really great sale if it is not.

Comment

Working...
                              X