No announcement yet.

QS screwed up the MOO3 project by being too ambitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried the demo. Unfortunately, no internet multiplayer!
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

quit whining little Dan. nobody will want to hear that when you are a master of the universe MBA...

Comment

Vel is indeed paying attention...in fact, it could be argued that we maybe went too far the other direction for our virgin effort....after participating in all the fantastic discussions in our section of 'poly....I wonder if we went far enough...

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Vel, would you care to expand on that? In the proper forum, of course...
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

it is starting to look like moo3 is going the way of civ3, but if they can manage to get a good multiplayer system in before release, moo3 will keep my attention

what's the latest word on mp?
            Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx

Vel is indeed paying attention...in fact, it could be argued that we maybe went too far the other direction for our virgin effort....after participating in all the fantastic discussions in our section of 'poly....I wonder if we went far enough...

-=Vel=-
              I believe I read this correctly, Vel refers to the fact that the free version (teaser if you will) he feels may be a bit too stripped down in light of ideas floated on the CB forums. Vel feel free to clarify.

He knows better than anyone at this point regarding the free version. GP's point and one that is starting to concern me as well is there are so many great ideas on the CB forums that at some point (after the free version has been released) hard decisions will have to be made to leave features on the cutting room floor in order to allow the thing to get done.

Vel will have to burn that bridge when he comes to it but also needs to be prepared to do so.

Og
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
              X