Announced revisions to Moo3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by player1
    Maybe it's killed because it was ARTIFICIAL restriction.

And thus, not FUN. (at least QS said that was reason for removal)
    I'll consider Rantz' response, but dude, I do not get your logic. Everything fun in games is artificial. Artificial restrictions are a piece of what makes games fun.

What was compelling about the idea of IFP's was that it suggested the game would play significantly differently than others of its type. Admittedly, we'll have to see, although I am burned out by repeated dissapointments in this genre.

If it wasn't working, hey I can understand it needs to be cut and reworked. But also understand that I am bored to poop of micromanaging giant empires. I also am tired of the feeling that I need to micromanage -- when the gameplay efficiency between micromanaging and not micromanaging is really big. If anything the gamespot preview made me skeptical.

But I will wait and see.

-mario
    "I am Misantropos, and hate Mankinde."
    - Timon of Athens
    "I know you all."
    - Prince Hal

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
      hey, how come Rantz hasn't got a subtitle saying he's from the MOO3 team?
      Maybe because he's proud to be working for a specific company that's making a specific game and not the other way around.

There is a slight difference. mainly that even if a game is phenominal, it'll usually only be a one time thing, but if a company continually makes block-busters they (the company) have a lot more to be proud of.

Comment

I'll bet it's 'cause he signed on Friday and Mark hasn't given him one yet.
        - Timon of Athens
        "I know you all."
        - Prince Hal

Comment

Originally posted by madmario

But also understand that I am bored to poop of micromanaging giant empires. I also am tired of the feeling that I need to micromanage
          as are we. Not that I'm lazy mind you, I'd just rather the game stay interesting and engaging, and personally there gets to be a point where worrying about some tiny colony in my vast empire gets to be a burden.

So, yeah, I'd agree with that.
          Rantz Hoseley
          Art Director
          Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantz
            Not that I'm lazy mind you, I'd just rather the game stay interesting and engaging, and personally there gets to be a point where worrying about some tiny colony in my vast empire gets to be a burden.
            Exactly.

-m
            - Timon of Athens
            "I know you all."
            - Prince Hal

Comment

Hey, I resemble that remark!

"Not that I'm lazy mind you, I'd just rather the game stay interesting and engaging…" —Rantz

When it comes to playing games I am lazy, often as not. I play for a serious challenge some of the time, but for fun most of the time. If they've figured out a way to reward us for not µmanaging I'm for it. IFP was one way, now they've hidden the mechanics and made the game more transparent, IIRC.
              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
              X