X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cory Nelson speaks

Everyone,

Please understand. Quicksilver is a company. We love to listen to the fans and want nothing more than to make great games. We do however have decisions that need to be made as a company and not based on popular opinion.

The structure on the project has always been that our design team creates the design and our senior management team works with the programmers to implement things so that it'll all work. If things don't look like they're heading in the right direction we're also the ones that look for solutions and occassionally that means us stepping in and adjusting the design. That hasn't changed. It's been the structure of the the project since the beginning.

We've made some decisions lately on the design direction of the game and we do understand that those decisions may be unpopular. But realize that you have not seen the game, we have seen it and have made those decisions based on what we saw. We're not making the decisions to upset everyone, we're making them so that when it ships the game is fun.

When we made the announcements internally the overwhelming response from the folks internally who have seen and played the game were 'It's about time.'. When we announced it on the boards the response (for the most part) was 'How dare they mess with the design.'.

We've been overly public with our design and quite frankly the reaction everytime any changes are announced makes us question that decision. Give us some time and we'll give you the details, in the meantime we're still working them out so be patient. We're hoping to release the bulk the updates this next week.

For those who think that changes this late in the project spell doom don't worry. The reason changes this large don't usually occur this late is because the publisher usually just kicks it out the door instead of allowing the developer to work on it further and fix the areas that aren't fun. Be glad they're giving us that time because it'll create a better product.

Sometimes as a company we have to let people go. We understand that's unpopular, especially when it's someone who's very public and popular on the forums. It's also not something that any of us like to do. No matter how unpopular though we don't make decisions on who to hire or who to let go based on public opinion. It's a company decision that is made based on the good of the company as a whole.

As a company we also make decisions on who represents us on these boards. Again, it #### and we don't like to remove mod status from people or take people off the boards. As a company however sometimes we feel we have to make those decisions.

As for Alan not posting on the boards we all know that everyone is anxiously waiting for him to come back. I wish I could tell you when he'll be back but there's very little I can say that hasn't already been said.

In Sencho's case it's pretty clear that the things that let to his removal of moderator were unfortunate. We made our decision based on the information we had at the time but due to high tempers and everything else going on (extremely poor timing) things were interpreted a certain way. Based on conversations I've had with several of the other moderators it's clear that is not the way they were meant. I have sent an email to Sencho in the hopes of trying to work things out and we'll see if he'll reconsider coming back. Based on his recent posts it's doubtful he'll return but we shall see.

In the meantime. Understand that we are trying to get the design changes out to everyone as quickly as possible.

Cory Nelson, Producer
    Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Just read this on the delphi board, it almost sounds as an appology.

Sencho, any chances on you returning

I was faster!

This was already posted in another thread.

Comment

Working...
    X