Harel-b-gone as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harel-b-gone as well

Hola all. Some of you may know me from the past, when we were compling ideas to make the list of suggestions to Firaxis, regarding Civ3... almost four years ago. Others may know my name from the the Delphi forum for MOO3, where I was the "big dog".

I was the first volunteer to be hired into the ranks of QS, and I helped design numerous parts of the game. After a period of almost a year, I left - due to lack of time of my part. Since then, people have been knowing me (for better and for worse) for over two years on the Delphi chat. I was one of the ten first members there. I was the owner of MOO3.NET some of you may remember, from the old (now defunct SidGames network). I used the site all the time to help QS in anyway I can - like writing the maintaining the offical FAQ, which spans over 400 questions. I worked on the site for a year, until SidGames closed - and then I moved my entire work and FAQ to the OrionSector, and continued to work there on the FAQ (but that will stop now).

In the time since I've left the company in early 2001, I've been around the forum constantly, numerous times a day. I was the moderator of chats there, even before other people got their hammer. I was always snide, aggresive and blunt, but that's just me. I'm opinionated. The people who know me over the forum can vouch for my true personality.

A few days ago, I had an exchange of words between me, Cory and Rantz, in which I made a snide comment to rebuck Rantz (who you can treat as the new MOO3 designer for all purposes, BTW) who was in a mean mood. I won't elaborate, but I was kicked from the chat infront of everyone, and stripped of moderatorship.

I have decided after that not to return to the Delphi forum and not post there anymore. I plan never to return there. Let QS make of this what they will, but they are killing the game with thier actions.

So now it's David, Joan, me and Sencho who left. But do stick around kids! The best is yet to come! The fair is coming to town, and we have clowns, and sugered candy, and a big rotating wheel. It will be swell. It sure doesn't end here, folks. Just wait and see, wait and see.
    Last edited by Harel; April 7, 2002, 02:09.
    "The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise" Preem Palver, First speaker, "Second Foundation", Isaac Asimov

I'm sorry to see you go. We'll miss you around the chat, you big lug!

I don't understand full what is going on, being so far out of the loop, but QS has managed to frighten one fan into questioning a game that was a must buy in the past.
    James Lowe
    james@tomfoolerymedia.com
    james@ssg.org

Comment

Good luck.

At the moment MOO3 seems to be on its way out. In any case the most recent news on the web seems to have been very badly received by the community.
      Last edited by Hywel Dda; April 6, 2002, 23:41.

Comment

*plays taps*

*ends taps*

QS now has three strikes against them...wonder how many more they can take before they strike out...

Comment

Yah, Harel, I remember your suggestions for Civ3. Looks like we both lost out in the end, eh? Another reason why I'm not buying that one....

I still have some hope for MOO3 though. Even if some of the staff has gone nuts, there might be enough good game and polishing left to make it great.
          All syllogisms have three parts.
          Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Qs is really getting out of control, it seems to me the elephant is cripple and QS has to come back to its senses before the finish it off

Comment

this is mad circuse (sp???) , its like you have a lion in a cage and when you let it out you are suprised everyone runs away, seems to from you sayings that rantz has become more designer then art now that the art is mostly finshed.
              Ace Pace

Comment

Re: Harel-b-gone as well

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Harel

"and we have clowns"

Sounds more like a "ship of fools" rather than Ringling Bros.

Comment

qs silliness

Amazing that they really don't seem to have a clue about the right way to do things. But then, intolerance always increases in correlation with despair. Things must be kind of bad at QS. Sigh.

Good luck, big dog.

tmd

Comment

To hear them speak, morale isn't bad there, and that may well be the case in general (it isn't in some specific cases, but anyhow...)

It really only takes one person responding poorly to tank a firm's public image, and those are precisely the people who you DON'T want making public announcements and actions.
                    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Originally posted by SnowFire
                      I still have some hope for MOO3 though. Even if some of the staff has gone nuts, there might be enough good game and polishing left to make it great.
                      I am afraid you are wrong Snowy. QS has been manhandling the whole thing much much worse than Firaxis (with Civ 3). I cannot even start to imagine what morale is like there. I suspect many of them became clock watchers. Life seems to have drained away from the place.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I have far more hope for the game than I do for the forum. Let's not confuse the two. Alan has been given the boot now that much of his work is over. It reflects poorly that they don't want to keep a talented designer, but that is their loss IMO.

Harel, whatcha doin' with all your time now that you aren't hip-deep in a game's guts?
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I am afraid you are wrong Snowy. QS has been manhandling the whole thing much much worse than Firaxis (with Civ 3). I cannot even start to imagine what morale is like there. I suspect many of them became clock watchers. Life seems to have drained away from the place.
                          I would like a UR postmortem.

Comment

Working...
                          X