getting the game to run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting the game to run

I used to play MOO years ago when I was a wee lad. I'm glad that the game is still available.

Unfortunatly, I'm having problems getting the game to run.

Here's my dilemma:

1.When I click on orion.exe a dos window pops up and closes. That's it.

2.I tried the reconfiguring option and I get to a screen where it tells me Moo has been installed and to type "Orion" if I want to play now. When I get to this point the title bar of the DOS window says "inactive INSTALL" and I can't type anything in.

If anyone knows how I can activate the window and make the game work I'd really apreciate it.

I'm currently running Office 2000 professional.

Thanks

Sorry I never ran on Win200, but some threads here go through all of the means of getting it to run, check them out.

Comment

I looked at all the posts that looked like they dealt with my question but I didn't see anything that helped me.

Comment

Just now I went back and ran setup.exe and it said I needed an ems driver for the game to run.

I don't know what that is exactly, where to get it, or if it will mess up my computer if and when I can get it.

Is this my problem or is there a way around this?

Comment

I have had that same problem before and it was due to a conflict in some software that screwed up my settings.

I have no knowledge of Win2000 but try this.

Install the game and make a shortcut to your desk top.

Right click on your Icon and click on Properties.

Click on Memory.

Adjust your Extened Memory (XMS) to a larger setting.

Click on OK.

When I installed some other software it disabled my Xms settings and I couldn't adjust it. You might have this same problem.

Hope this works for you.

Davor

Comment

You may copy my orion.pif from http://home.no.net/catullus/
            (Moo launch link)
            Right-click, choose properties. Under program tag, edit command line to where your orion.exe is.

Sound won't work unless you run it under vdmsound
            (http://www.ece.mcgill.ca/~vromas/vdmsound/)

C.

Comment

Working...
            X