MOO2 / Win2k / VESA.COM ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO2 / Win2k / VESA.COM ?

i finally found the dos version of moo2 on one of my ancient backup zip disks... but unfortunately, running orion2.exe under the win2k dos shell tells me to "Run VESA.com"

argh

anyone have a solution of any sort for this? i can't install the Win95 version, as i don't have either of the 2 cd's i bought ages ago anymore...

VESA. Heh.
    Now we are talking serious DOS. I don't think VESA graphic modes are supported by W2K.(*)

No chance of finding the original CD with the Win-version?
    If not, best solution would be to find an old PC and install DOS 6.2 or 6.22. Any PentiumPC would do, and most companies are scrapping PCs up to 450MHz these days. At least we do that at my work place. Best would probably be to find a PC in the P90-P233 range, which should be able to play most DOSgames released between 1990 and 1996 or so.
    It should be possible to get a box for free if you you launched a begging campaign against any IT professional you know.

C.
    (*) You may have luck with a DOS emulator for windows that support VESA (and networking/sound/other). Try your luck at
    Discover how VMware Cross-Cloud services give organizations freedom and control without trade-offs.

Connectix: a sleek name for building strong connections. Possible uses: A ticket app, a social media platform, software integrations company, a collaboration app

You may additionally need to find and load a universal VESA driver. Search the net.

Comment

Working...
    X