MOO2 Multiplayer: Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO2 Multiplayer: Where?

Hello. Where might I be able to play Moo2 online in this day and age? I'm on a network but the person I'm wanting to play with is quite a distance away... I used to play on the now-defunct Heat.net, and back in the day I played over modem (not feasible in this case). We'd rather avoid a pay service if possible, but I do have a subscription to Kali (I'm not sure my friend'll be keen on subscribing there...). MSN Gaming Zone doesn't seem to support it. Any input would be much appreciated.
    Thanks!
    -GS

EDIT: By the by, does Kali still work? I can't connect to it, but it might be my firewall. There's a message from Jan. 2001 which gives a rather indefinite message about the future of Kali...
    thanks again
    Last edited by GrandSpleen; March 17, 2002, 19:22.

www.kahncentral.net (free)
    www.kali.com (better, but you have to pay)
    have fun :P

Comment

GrandSpleen, Kali is now free, and it has a new tracker (go to its web site for detailed info).
      And there's where the people go for moo 2 MP, so you can play with others too.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

oh... yes :P
        It seems I am a bit out of the training since I am learning for final exams ;-)
        Well... there are some tournaments/ladders based on kahn, too...
        But as Kali is now free, it's probably the better choice.

Comment

I prefer kahn myself, but I only go there when I arrange a game with others, since no one is usually at kahn for moo, only at kali.
          "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
          Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
          Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
          Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I've had Kali installed for quite some time, but hadn't used it in years. I tried to run it the other day, but my version was so out of date that I had to update.

So, I uninstalled my old copy, installed a new copy, and now it's telling me I have a 15 minute trial period, after which i have to pay the $20 fee again. And I don't think I still have my user number, or whatever it was I got so many years ago.

I thought you guys said Kali was free now... what's with this 15 minutes?
            -----------------------
            Alright, now, after writing this email, I went back to Kali.net and followed this link:

Which supplied me with the registration codes needed. The website claims these are temporary, but no restrictions were mentioned, so I assume they're permanent if Kali never gets back on its feet as a business.

Incidentally, I can't connect to the Tracker. The IP is correctly updated to the IP listed on kali.net, but I can't get a connection. I'm at school, so it could very well be my firewall. I'll email the system administrator about it ... he's a good guy. But I thought I'd mention it here, just in case there's something I should know, some special thing I need to do in order to connect -- is there? And what ports do I need open (is it specific per game?) to play on Kali? I can ping 64.55.196.2 just fine from a command prompt... but the Kali client can't connect to the Tracker. Why?

One last thing. While trying to get Moo2 to work multiplayer with a friend, and avoiding Kali because I thought it still cost money, I came across this program:

It's a cute little program that can connect via TCP/IP and forward IPX packets and the like. Theoretically should allow two people to connect to each other then play IPX games such as MOO2. We did get this to connect but we never got MOO2 to work, though I think I know why (we only just tried this tonight, and my friend went to bed shortly before I realized we were not forwarding the ports we needed to be forwarding).

That should do it. Looking above, I first started this thread in March of 2002 and the first reply didn't come until May. Here's hoping it doesn't take that long this time!
            -GS
            Last edited by GrandSpleen; November 10, 2002, 05:23.

Comment

Working...
            X