Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tachidi Preview

http://moo3.quicksilver.com/cool/031502.html

Wow, the art looks so great in this game from what I've seen. Everything in the production seems to be well thought out, even down to the details in the art. The preview of the Tachidi shows that they didn't just throw a bunch of monsters out there for races. This really looks like how I would imagine an evolved sentient insectoid species to be.

The overall structure and design of MOO3 is going to make it an excellent game in itself, but the intelligence behind it all and attention to detail will propel it into the "superb" category for me I think. Keep up the great work Stormhound and team. You all are doing it right, thanks from a big MOO fan.

-Apolex

Looks nice!

So they were missing form Height Comparasion picture.

P.S.
    Why is this forum so empty.
    There was much more people here before Firaxis released 1.17f patch for Civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by player1
      Why is this forum so empty.
      There was much more people here before Firaxis released 1.17f patch for Civ3.
      well, you answered your own question there

i think the attention to details will really make this game interesting, it's what kept me playing SMAC so long, i'm sure MOO3 will have the same effect on me.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
      Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

The new patch for civ3 requires everybody to Beta-test it.

Things will undoubtably pick up within a couple of months, just before Moo3 is released *fingers crossed*

Comment

Well, a lot of people gave up on Civ3 after the 1.17 patch, and stopped hanging here religously. I know I did. Ironically, the Firaxian stand of forum non-communication had raised more hope about the changes than it squelched. There's a lesson of some sort in there, I'm sure. Since the Civ3 fora were nothing but extended flamefests during the time before 1.17 release, a lot of people come over here when they were at Poly anyway, in order to get _some_ meaningfull reading accomplished.

I'm sure the heat will pick up substancially when the Moo3 release starts looming on the horizon. And should Stormhound or other in-the-know-people choose to post that will generate some traffic as well, I'm sure.

I don't know. I'm getting a tad uneasy over Moo3. That end of Q2 date there's been so much talk about is comin' up mighty fast, and they are still finalizing how races look, as exemplified in this thread? I dunno, but it doesn't seem all that close to being a solid, stable release to me. I'd much prefer a christmas release done right.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

actually i think creating the races is one of the things you can do last, the graphics and the specific race properties aren't that important for the main game-engine to run, and you can only definitely create races if the game-engine is pretty much complete, otherwise if the engine would change, then you would also have to change all the races.
            <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

Thanks Apolex for the link.

For sure it is hard to generate some traffic in this forum next to Civ III and MoO3 Delphi, but that will change near the release with the contribution of more addicts like Velociryx and all.
              The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Yeah there isn't much to talk about yet. It's too late for suggestions. Just waiting to see what the game is like. Then this place will probably be filled with people takling strategy.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

More likely this place will be filled with petulant whining from people who feel betrayed because the game didn't meet their unreasonably lofty expectations...

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Johnson
                    More likely this place will be filled with petulant whining from people who feel betrayed because the game didn't meet their unreasonably lofty expectations...
                    and i'm proud to be one of the first to start

nah, just kiddin', i never whine...

Comment

Yeah I look forward to interacting a lot in this forum after the game is out. I think you're right Marcus, the volume of people here will swell the closer we get to release date. The development team has been really good at informing us all about everything, so maybe there's just less to speculate about since it's all layed out there for us. That's a good thing.

-Apolex

Comment

Working...
                      X