Research Idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research Idea.

I have always found that when playing a game that contains "research" after about the 10th time you have your research path nailed down and you play that way for each and every game. I was wondering what people thought about randomizing research. By that i mean at each level you research you normally get 3 techs.. Why not make it so you get 3 random techs out of a possible of 4. An example would be "fusion Tech"
    The possible ones are.

fusion drive
    fusion cannon
    fusion hand rifle
    fusion point defence cannons.

Now if someone researchs fusion tech 1 , they get a random 3 out of 4 techs.
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

While that would be okay if all we were doing was spiffing up the tech model from MOO2, the MOO3 R&D model is very different and already includes a certain amount of randomness to help cut down on just the sort of thing you mention.

You might want to dig into some of the older threads on the forum for more info, but we've already got your request covered and then some, so the poll is kind of moot.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Working...
    X