Races Height Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Races Height Comparison

Fourteen ambassadors toe to toe: here , the human is one of the smallest ...goodcliché .
    Last edited by Master Marcus; February 18, 2002, 21:42.
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Thus humans are unlikely to be the angry bullies of the game!
    "God does not play dice." - Albert Einstein.
    "Einstein was wrong. Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded!" - Erwin Schroedinger

Comment

its not about how large you stand, its about how hard your stellar converter hits.

By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Did anyone notice that there are only 14 races on the site, when moo3 will have 16 races?
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

how come the insectiods, on earth one of the smallest creatures, are always a hudred times bigger in space?
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Big bugs in space

Lower gravities allows higher limits for exoskeleton based physiology, or the designers just have a coachroach fetish.

Comment

Not the smallest

If you look closely, you will see that the smallest are the Psilon, and that the meklar is floating, so that if they were on the ground, they would be shorter. And there are only 14 races.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Cybernetic Races

I can't speak for anybody else, but I think that the Cybernetic races are a bit 'silly'. Why would a Cybernetic race concern themselves with color-coding each other to look like a bastardized mixing of Captain Planet and the Power Rangers?
                "God does not play dice." - Albert Einstein.
                "Einstein was wrong. Not only does God play dice, but the dice are loaded!" - Erwin Schroedinger

Comment

why not? why do humans color their hair, wear different clothes (in most states).

i think you underestimate the will to individualism (even a cyborg has some of it)

Comment

Re: Cybernetic Races

Originally posted by LordEd
                    I can't speak for anybody else, but I think that the Cybernetic races are a bit 'silly'. Why would a Cybernetic race concern themselves with color-coding each other to look like a bastardized mixing of Captain Planet and the Power Rangers?
                    What's wrong with color coding?
                    They are a cybernetic RACE, they are not ROBOTS.
                    As intelligent beinings, they can have emotions, indivudualism, etc...

In fact they look very good, nothing like anyting you describe.

P.S.
                    Color coding could also help in many other things, like making difference between solider & engineer etc...

Comment

A developer on the official site told me that the nomo, and Ikthlu(spelling?)harvesters are the 2 missing.

Comment

Working...
                      X