Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOO3: adding the 5th 'X'

Well?
    The greatest turn-based strategy game ever!
    47.06%
    A good game, worthy of the genre.
    52.94%
    Better than MoO2, but not as good as some.
    0.00%
    Pales even to CivIII.
    0.00%

Let the game arrive at our homes first!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I agree. We can all play grabass in a few more months.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Just trying to liven an otherwise 'thin' forum.

Buy hey- its no biggy.

Comment

I'd bet for the greatest TBS, or it will sink...fast. Let's be optimistic and hope for the revolutionary TBS we're awaiting for, we'll have to see and play it before. Btw, how many TBS do you really see better than MoO2? I see none other than Civ II and SMAC ( very close ), so MoO2 remains in my mind the best space TBS for now.
          The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

I actually like Space Empires IV (well, only played the Gold Demo).

I know it has some shortcomings, no doubt about it. But it is very moddable, which is something that MoO2 fails to be.

Graphics aren't so great, but then again, SE4 doesn't try to outdo anyone in that area.

But you are right: besides MoO2, the [previous] CIV titles have been the leader in TBS excellence.

Comment

Working...
            X