What is with the UGLY BOX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with the UGLY BOX

I don't know about everyone else but I saw the box on Orion Sector and it was GOD AWFUL UGLY.

Maybe it was a bad picture and its not in my hands to see properly but I say its UGLY. It looks more lilke Construction game than a space stategy game.

What do you guys say?

here is the link. http://www.orionsector.com/

Davor

Yeah- I can see where it is not quite up to expectations for a 4x space game.

Just as long as it doesn't effect gameplay, I don't care.

Comment

I really don't think its that bad, why does everyone think its so ugly? If you look closely you can see a faded sakkra on the box and some other objects. Looks OK to me.

Edit: The advertisement is cool too.
      I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

My first thought was it was ugly and did not give me any expectation or excitement.

Comment

Frankly, who cares? It's a box. Rip it up, get the goodies, throw it away. They might have Spice Girls on it, as far as I'm concerned.

Now, how about the simultaneous release and the manual in Europe? That's what inquiring minds want to know.
          "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
          "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

U-G-L-Y

The box should look better. It makes a difference, really, on people who just wander into stores and pick up a cool looking box and pass over the ugly ones.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              U-G-L-Y

The box should look better. It makes a difference, really, on people who just wander into stores and pick up a cool looking box and pass over the ugly ones.
              Yeah, it does. (For us already sold on the game it won't, but for new would-be-MOOers, it could mean yea or nay)

I wonder why they didn't use the catchy looking poster that came on the back of the CivIII manual?

This one:

... hmm... The Moo3 site isn't working at the moment. But you know the picture I am talking about.

Comment

Actually, I think the one on the back of the civ 3 manual looks a bit too 80s really. Both in the font used for "Master of Orion III" and the the style of drawing. Most modern game box designs are a little more subtle.

Comment

I'm another person where the game could be covered in umm, ah stupid filters nevermind. Point is I'm gonna buy the game no matter what. The box itself isn't ugly. The problem with it is this is a game about space colonization. And that box does not make me think of space colonization at all. I liked the one on the back of the Civ III Manual.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

i like the box - the rusty metal and the stylized hidden dark red "3" are nice ideas

Comment

Hmmm, reminds me of Outpost *shudder*. They should've used all the black, spacey-looking colors instead of the red bolted on look.
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

outpost - what a game

Comment

Outpost is the most derided game I can think of, Outpost2 was only slightly better, at least I did finish it once.

Comment

I have Outpost.. 2.. I think.

I didn't play it long enough to be able to remember exactly which one I have.

I think I had gotten Outpost(2) after playing M.A.X.; so of course I was disappointed.

Comment

Outpost had the red box and was around 1995? Outpost2 had a silver box and was maybe 1998. It was in the era when they started using day/night lighting. OUtpost you could terraform one city forever, it never seemed to finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X