Question about Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Civil War

I read in the data dumps of Orion sector (or was it somewhere else?) that when a civil war occurs you have the option of picking one of the sides in the civil war- that sounds great.

But will there be the option of a new nation being formed? I'm thinking as per the American revolution. The colonists declared their independence, and were successful in gaining independence, and a new nation was formed.

Will there be this option in Moo3? Can new nations be formed, with their own new leaders, government and everything? Or do civil wars last forever until one side admits defeat? Just wondering. I think it would be pretty cool if "The Unites States of Alpha Centauri" was declared, or something similar.

The idea of yours is great. The only restriction I can see is the number of races you pick. If you only want 5 races in the game I can't see a new one coming up since that would be 6 then.

If they have an option say you start with 5 races but up to say 8 (or what ever you option is) then you can have one from civil war or what ever trigger you get.

I like it but I dont think it will be done since most of the programing is done if I am not mistaken.

Davor

Comment

To start the game, there can be 16 empires, of which 8 can be run by human players.

At any point during the game, there can be as many as 32 empires.

Draw your own conclusions about what we're going to allow to happen.
      If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

WOW

MY conclusion is that I can be the Darloks and the Klackons and tag-team through the game. That is great what a different spin to the game. AND with 32 empires.

What will the specs be? With my 300mhz celeron with 124mg of ram I will be playing with only 8 empires.

But at least I can still tag team.

Thanks for the info Stormhound. I cant wait for the game to come out.

Davor

Comment

I'm glad I got a new computer for Christmas so I can fully enjoy the wholesome 32 empire goodness.
          I don't do drugs anymore 'cause i find i can get the same effect by standing up really fast.

I live in my own little world, but its ok; they know me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Yolky
            WOW

MY conclusion is that I can be the Darloks and the Klackons and tag-team through the game. That is great what a different spin to the game. AND with 32 empires.

What will the specs be? With my 300mhz celeron with 124mg of ram I will be playing with only 8 empires.

But at least I can still tag team.

Thanks for the info Stormhound. I cant wait for the game to come out.

Davor
            System specs are published at: http://us.infogrames.com/games/moo3/

And you do know the Darloks are gone, don't you?
            -Sencho

"Even the clearest and most perfect circumstantial evidence is likely to be at fault, after all, and therefore ought to be received with great caution. " - Mark Twain

Comment

@yolky: I think your conclusions are a bit far-fetched! When an empire splits, you choose which side you want to control. The other side becomes a wholly independent entity which you have no further control over, and unfortunately will never "re-join" your empire in the future after it has already been split.

and as sencho pointed out: no Darlocks. sorry.

Comment

What NO DARLOCKS???

nope i didnt know that. Oh well I should be able to make my own SPY race. Thats what I did in MOO2. Played Darloks in MOO.

I love the spay game.

Davor

Comment

Thank you Sencho for the link for the specs. Since I have a 300 Celeron I will probably need to upgrade. I can play Civ3 good with 8 Civs but its really bad when I play with 16.

Davor

Comment

Well what I've heard sounds good.

Except about the Darloks, although I knew that already. I thought the Darloks in the original MOO were very good- both sort of supernatural and robotic at the same time. But the Darloks in MOO 2 were just guys wearing long capes. So bad.

About civil war, it sounds as though the design team has it all in hand. I imagine there will be different ways of setting off a rebellion. Some rebellions might be rebellions aimed at more freedoms. Some might be communist type rebellions where a small disciplined elite take over. Some might be feudal rebellions where a local baron decides not to obey the central government, some might be religious, where a group decides the central government has strayed from the path of righteousness, etc. I'm sure the design team will come up with something. And of course, some rebellions might only be aimed at local issues, while others are aimed at complete overthrow of the government.

I'm sure the design team will have something realistic worked out.

I love the spay game.
                    Stay away from my cat! No more spaying!

(i know you meant spying)

Comment

it was late at night and it was just a bad typo. Got to learn to reread before clicking on sumit reply.

Davor

Comment

Working...
                      X