No announcement yet.

Room for one more here? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They not only listen to posters, but they occasionally impress them into service (myself being one of those.)

As for events, they do indeed want a lot of them. And there will be quite a lot of them. However, the data dumps are actually for the fans consumption so you know where QS is going and find errors or provide better suggestions to make Moo3 the best TBS yet.
    -Sencho

"Even the clearest and most perfect circumstantial evidence is likely to be at fault, after all, and therefore ought to be received with great caution. " - Mark Twain

Comment

Has anyone here tried the Space Empires IV game? Cool game, weak AI though. It is pretty much like MOO1 on steroids (or crack or uh.. something).

Yes, it wasn't bad, but not as good as Moo1. For one thing the tech is the same each game. The best thing about Moo1 is that you get a random tech selection, so you never have access to the same techs. Makes designing ships different each game!

The other bad thing is the warp point based movement system. Once I found a chokepoint system I'd build space stations and a battlestation at the warp point and the AI could never get through. Takes all the strategy and tactics out of the game.
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

""The other bad thing is the warp point based movement system. Once I found a chokepoint system I'd build space stations and a battlestation at the warp point and the AI could never get through. Takes all the strategy and tactics out of the game.""

I never got that far. Once I had fighters, it was all over but the crying. I was too busy expanding straight through the AI to build spacestaions. Also the AI never could use missle weapons effectively (if at all).
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Pax Imperia 2

I really liked the look and feel of Pax Imperia 2. The only problem was that it was too easy to just conquer the universe with an early fighter based rush strategy. I would make early carriers by putting fighter bays in transports.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
            Thanks again guys! I've not played MOO or MOO2, but just got my hands on the original, and will start plowing through it to see what the genesis of the series was like....working up to MOO2 while waiting for the sequel....
            Be sure to give us your thoughts on MOO and MOO2 when you have time.
            'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
            G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Space Empires IV has one feature that I like, the ability to build ships and test them against any known ship. One thing I asked them to correct and they said they would, but have not, the log. GOTO from an event and then come back and wonderer where you were in the log list. Why not at least grey out entries that have been selected. It is colorful and interesting, but I have not played it as often as I did SE3.
              Pax2, I was just wishing I still had this one. The one thing I hated was the spying. You could steal a whole system? It had a long tech tree and lots of things to build.

Comment

Good to see you around these parts Vel.

Comment

Space Empires IV is not bad, but for a game released 4 years later ( 2000) than MoO2 ( 1996 ), with a AI not stronger than MoO2 and some unbalanced features - not to mention an incomplete graphics&sound design-, it shows how much MoO2 is a legendary classic hard to beat in the genre. Again, have to wait for MoO3.
                  The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Working...
                  X