Moo3 Editting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moo3 Editting

Found this little gem buried in the ground combat section. Its in relation to ground combat modifiers and resolution and has probably been there for awhile but this is the first time I noticed it.

This, for me is a big plus and while it doesn't necessarily apply to all aspects we may wish to edit, the implications are there and the designers intent at least seems fairly clear...

Designer's Note: This matrix is, understandably, huge, so I can't really post it here. Actually, it's three huge matrices (one for Troops, one for Battle Plans, and another for Racial and Other Modifiers), but that's another story. What you really need to know is that we're trying to do these sorts of things in the Excel file format so that, after you get the game, you can open these files up and tweak numbers to your heart's content. Our philosophy is to make such after-purchase "first level hacking" easy for you. We love you guys who make "game editors," and plan to make MOO3 a very friendly title for you.

So where's that Moo3 Mods section Markos?

Hint, hint!

Well, I'm sure Apolyton will support mods for MOO3 as it does for Civ 3. It's just a matter of MOO3 coming out!
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

And I'm sure Infogrames will sue the first modmakers for editing THEIR copyrighted Excel tables.
      Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Hey Stormhound, is there any official word about scenario creation by players?
        Something like is done in Civ 2...
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

We love you guys who make "game editors," and plan to make MOO3 a very friendly title for you.
          does that mean moo3 will ship without an editor?
          <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
          Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

There is no official word I know of regarding scenario creation by players.

The game will ship without an editor. Given a choice between adding an editor, and getting in more of the gameplay-related features, there was no real difficulty in deciding.
            If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

dp
              Last edited by Zealot; February 14, 2002, 14:07.

Comment

Err... the real problem is that we want it all!

though crowd, though crowd
                Last edited by Zealot; February 14, 2002, 14:08.

Comment

The game will ship without an editor. Given a choice between adding an editor, and getting in more of the gameplay-related features, there was no real difficulty in deciding.
                  it's actually better this way, cos editor's usually limits the editing capabilities, for example the civ3 editor, and with the right gameplay, who needs an editor anyway
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
                    There is no official word I know of regarding scenario creation by players.

...and maybe you could add an editor in the expansion pack...
                    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Working...
                    X