Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I like MOO3 if...

I've never played MOO1 or 2?

I like Civ2 and all. OCCed back in 99. I'm not really a dedicated computer gamer though. Lately my favorite game is SCRABBLE. I like Apolyton and the social interaction, here...

We certainly hope you will, and we're doing our best to make it a good game that many people will like; beyond that, I think it's beyond my ability to realistically promise anything.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

You should give MOO2 a try, it's still a great game. And you can no doubt get it very cheap, or maybe even find it on an abandonware site (although it's not supposed to be on one).
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
        We certainly hope you will, and we're doing our best to make it a good game that many people will like; beyond that, I think it's beyond my ability to realistically promise anything.
        Thanks, Storm. I'm not asking anybody to promise me anything. I just wonder how much the game is being pitched to repeat MOOers and how much to newbies.

Comment

We're certainly trying for both...we want the game to be easier to get into (for the newbies) and to have the depth and options to really dig into once you're past the learning curve (for the experienced players). We've tried to capture some of the best elements of 1 and 2, and to develop some backstory and plot to interest those who've played the older versions and know what they do or don't like about them.
          If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Well, I've never played previous MOO games either, but I looked at the Quicksilver site and am looking forward to the game.
            Rome rules

Comment

Working...
            X