No announcement yet.

Computer players cheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well what can I say about those sakkras beating orion before me... my starting location sucked...
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Ehem. AFAIK, the minimal guardian fleet is in here:

I'm not being really successfull in version 1.31, but it worked really well in version 1.2.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot
        Ehem. AFAIK, the minimal guardian fleet is in here:

I'm not being really successfull in version 1.31, but it worked really well in version 1.2.
        THANX 4 THE GREAT ARTICLE.

Great ideas. But I never got it to work for v1.31 (at least with just space scanner.)

But the only real difference is his use of reinforced hull & using scanner tech. (which BTW is about 1350 research for neutron scanner).

So I researched neutron scanner and used my "old" design. And voila! Instead of 5-10 cruisers it takes 4-6!!!! Hurrah!

I then tried a different design, using reinforced hull. I'll call it the 1040EZ cruiser since it doesnt have 1/2 the amount of micro-twiddling the article had for its ships.

1040 EZ CRUISER:
        3 mercs 2x mrv, eccm, fst, emg
        1 merc 2x mrv, eccm, arm, fst
        1 nuke 2 fst

battle pod, fast missle rack, reinforced hull.

With this cruiser I got down to a minimum of 3 ships with a 2 out of 5 success rate, which is still comparable to the article's minimum of 2 cruisers and 2 frigates - AND WITH A SIMPLER BATTLE PLAN.

Again thnx 4 the article dood. I can now proceed to kill the so-called 'experts' at the local comic store even faster than when I first played them. Haha!

Comment

On Hard, I use 6 battleship with 6 plasma cannons each. Most times I do not lose any ships, sometimes I lose one. I like to have all four pilots before the attack. This allows me to have Lokai as the 5th pilot. I have played 1.31 since it came out, I can not recall the differences from the older versions.

Comment

Working...
          X