Multiplayer Idea - no, really.. =P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer Idea - no, really.. =P

Okay... how about doing a clan-based system which would allow groups to make clans/guilds/whatever... The games are setup as clan vs. clan... and anyone from a certain clan can join a game that their clan is involved in. If multiple players from the same clan are connected, then they have a nice little chat... but only one of them should be able to _play_ (or.. maybe more? but that seems difficult). Anyway, they would only have to implicitly support this... all you need is password-protected civilizations... (and a good way of finding other players and setting up games).

In this way, clans could keep games running 24/7... with a previously accepted AI-level taking over when no clan member is logged in. As an extension, Firaxis (ack.. I almost wrote MPS... grr... and to think that I ended up with Hasbro stock... anyway) could officially support the clans, put a clan-chat in the game, keep rankings and statistics, etc...

I get my copy of Civ III tomorrow... (and the peasants rejoice...)

-Seb
    Caelicola

I don't think you're going to see that. At least, we're not designing it in...if someone else can figure out how to make it work with the code, more power to 'em.
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Working...
    X