Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three Cheers for Stormhound and Quicksilver!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Cheers for Stormhound and Quicksilver!

I know we're not as dedicated to MoO3 as your other forum, but we really appreciate all the answers and info. you give us.
    Three Cheers!
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Hip, Hip, Horray!
    "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
    "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

Re: Three Cheers for Stormhound and Quicksilver!

Originally posted by MacTBone
      Three Cheers!
      Cheers Cheers Cheers!

A very special thanks goes to Stormhound. He's being with us, and that is something I'm really apreciating.
      "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
      Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
      Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
      Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

yes yes, many cheers indeed!! multi grazie Stormhound

Quixote

Bird is the word

Comment

Thanks, guys, I appreciate it. I wish I could answer some of your questions better, but I don't even pretend to know everything about the game...just lots about the parts I helped design...so I'll just keep doing my best.

Everyone at QS is working hard to make sure you still feel as happy to have us around after the game comes out as you do now.
          If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
            Everyone at QS is working hard to make sure you still feel as happy to have us around after the game comes out as you do now.
            That's easy! Just mail us a free copy of your games!
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Re: Three Cheers for Stormhound and Quicksilver!

Originally posted by MacTBone
              I know we're not as dedicated to MoO3 as your other forum, but we really appreciate all the answers and info. you give us.
              Three Cheers!
              True enough. Without Stormhound or a team liaison, this forum would go nowhere and maybe switched to the "other games" forum. My cheers also, and keep up the good work - in time some others will join us - we're in a traditional civer site, it may take some time before attracting interest here but it is feasable when we see the kind of progression made in the SMAC forum.
              The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Hail!
                In civ 3, ever since the game went beta we stopped getting the very sporadic firaxis quotes. It is a pleasant change to get answers.
                Hail!
                "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

As long as you people will BE around after it comes out, to fix bugs/patches etc (although hopefully for once there won't need to be any? ).

Unlike a certain company (that shall remain nameless) called Activ... um, er right.

Comment

The world can be divided into two mutually exclusive groups:

1) Those who expect perfection in software.

2) Those who've actually worked on a large software development project.

We'll squash every bug we catch, and we certainly won't put any in on purpose. I do expect we'll be around to make patches (unless California drops into the sea or something), and I spent too many years as a programmer not to anticipate that there will be some needed, even if most everything works spectacularly well. How's that for being realistic?
                    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

How's that for being realistic?
                      On a scale from 0 to 10?

You forgot that in "our" reality, we always expect perfection on every game!

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot

You forgot that in "our" reality, we always expect perfection on every game!
                        I don't think he forgot

Don't mind me. I've been having dreams lately of my battle line running off chasing enemy frigates while my long range fire support elements charged into melee in an AI-controlled battle.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
                          I don't think he forgot
                          Yes, you're right. Because I explained myself in a bad way.
                          What I meant to mean was that there are those in point 1 (who expect perfection) BUT can live with some flaws in games. I think there are lots of guys who consider themselves fans, but really can't apreciate others' work.

Oh, and that 9 I gave to Stormhound was going to 9.9, but since I used the Events' lottery balls system to get that number, I had to truncate it!

Comment

The world can be divided into two mutually exclusive groups:

1) Those who expect perfection in software.

2) Those who've actually worked on a large software development project.

We'll squash every bug we catch, and we certainly won't put any in on purpose. I do expect we'll be around to make patches (unless California drops into the sea or something), and I spent too many years as a programmer not to anticipate that there will be some needed, even if most everything works spectacularly well. How's that for being realistic?
                            I'd put it at about a 5.

What you've said is fairly trite. (Of course it's also correct.) But what you didn't do was talk about how x amount of bugginess translates into y amount of user dissatisfaction. And how to make x -> (x/10). A more sophisticated, illuminating discussion would move you up the number scale.

Comment

At least some companies care about more than the bottom dollar. They seem to want us to like the game
                              I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Working...
                              X