Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be default ships that change with new techs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be default ships that change with new techs?

*ducks head to avoid flaming barrels*

Sometimes I didn't want to design ships, so I'd like it if there was a ship generator that would incorporate new technologies to design ships. That way I could just build whatever type of ship I wanted, without getting into the ship designer and making sure it at least had recent techs.
    I never know their names, But i smile just the same
    New faces...Strange places,
    Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
    -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Then congratulations, because we've got you covered.

You can walk into the Imperial Ship Yards (or whatever it's called) and say "I need a new ship design for such and such a type of mission" and it'll pop one out for you. You can accept the design as is, or tweak it around until it fits your preferences.

Anything else we can do for you?
    If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Seniore Stormhound, how many "tweakable" parts will a ship have? Shields/drive/weps/specials...

Will IFP's go towards tweaking ships or just ordering ships?

Quixote

"No more god damn jerky beef."
      Beeks, from Trading Places

Comment

Originally posted by Stormhound
        Then congratulations, because we've got you covered.

You can walk into the Imperial Ship Yards (or whatever it's called) and say "I need a new ship design for such and such a type of mission" and it'll pop one out for you. You can accept the design as is, or tweak it around until it fits your preferences.

Anything else we can do for you?
        Yes. Make darn sure this overridable auto-outfitting is for starbases/planetary defenses too, as well as ships.
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Don't know if I have a full list handy, but to the best of my knowledge:

Armor
          Shields
          Drive systems
          Weapons (including mods)
          "Specials"
          Computer/targeting systems

(Which, come to think of it, is pretty much the same list from prior MOOs)

So far as IFP, I believe that if you just send out a "we need" order and accept what the architects give you, it'll be free. If you spend one IFP, you can get in and create/tweak as many designs yourself in one turn as your heart desires (and the turn timer, if active, allows).

I believe the auto-outfitting works the same for anything that actually needs "designing", which certainly would include any orbital structures. Planetary defenses may not need that level of complexity, but I'll ask.
          If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Comment

Don't know if I have a full list handy, but to the best of my knowledge:

Armor
            Shields
            Drive systems
            Weapons (including mods)
            "Specials"
            Computer/targeting systems

(Which, come to think of it, is pretty much the same list from prior MOOs)
            I don't remember from MOO offhand, but MOO2 also had a slot for an EM Countermeausures suite on the ships. I remember because its like one of the last things I'd ever adjust on my ships.

Comment

That's what I get for trying to do stuff by memory. Let me put it this way: I don't think there will be any fewer options in MOO3 than the prior MOOs, and believe there may be an extra one or two (for example, the two types of drives instead of just one).

Comment

So far as IFP, I believe that if you just send out a "we need" order and accept what the architects give you, it'll be free. If you spend one IFP, you can get in and create/tweak as many designs yourself in one turn as your heart desires (and the turn timer, if active, allows).

I believe the auto-outfitting works the same for anything that actually needs "designing", which certainly would include any orbital structures. Planetary defenses may not need that level of complexity, but I'll ask.
                This is exactly what's needed. I like how active intervention costs IFPs while passive acceptance doesn't. The same rules scaling over all you structures/craft is just right as well. You seem to have covered this excellently. I just thought I'd say this here, since I'm as quick to complain 'bout stuff I don't like, it follows I should be quick to give credit where it's due.
                "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Working...
                X